How long was it before you broke even?

lketart87-  I would think you should try an independent toy store, or maybe a big box in a lower income area.  Some managers might be willing to make a deal as they can make a quick profit then order a new case.

and CNH1974-  Flipping would technically be a form of investing.  You're still putting your money into a commodity with the intention of selling it for a profit, only on a much shorter time scale. 

I'm pretty new to this investing thing, but I'm curious to know what other people's experiences are. I currently have about 5k invested at this point (not including sets I've already sold) but have made 1k off the sets I've sold, so only consider myself to be 4k in. Is there are a point where you broke even, and if so how long did it take?

I havent yet as i continue to invest, however i have slowed down as im running out of acceptable storage space (the wife wont let me take over another closet) i should pay off my original; investment in 1-2 year.