sold item on ebay - buyer paid but now says will not accept

siddji

silhouette_peanut is the buyers name.

I have decided to cancel transaction and call it a night.

A courtesy lookup on that id:

silhouette_peanut is an avid eBay user with 1155 feedbacks.  A lot of his/her past transactions involve LEGO, so presumably this user knows what s/he doing

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=silhouette_peanut&ftab=AllFeedback

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, but there seems to be more to this story than what has been shared so far. 

A courtesy lookup on that id:

silhouette_peanut is an avid eBay user with 1155 feedbacks.  A lot of his/her past transactions involve LEGO, so presumably this user knows what s/he doing

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=silhouette_peanut&ftab=AllFeedback

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, but there seems to be more to this story than what has been shared so far. 

Just because they buy a lot of stuff on eBay doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake and then take advantage of their knowledge about how eBay deals with the buyer/seller relationship. Just look at how many people said "just cancel the transaction, it's not worth it."

Someone with that experience with eBay should know exactly what they are doing. Shame on them for not reading the description properly and being such an @** about it.

Just because they buy a lot of stuff on eBay doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake and then take advantage of their knowledge about how eBay deals with the buyer/seller relationship. Just look at how many people said "just cancel the transaction, it's not worth it."

Someone with that experience with eBay should know exactly what they are doing. Shame on them for not reading the description properly and being such an @** about it.

I am giving both buyer and seller the same benefit of doubts.  Giving advice on a transaction is one thing, but to name and shame a potential buyer / user should require more than one side of the story.  Either side could make mistake.  Since the other side is not here for a rebuttal nor we see the actual eBay listing to verify the story, we really do not have all the facts to tell one way or the other.

I'm not sure about the box situation , but it seems obvious to me that minifigs are not part of the deal so I am not sure what the issue is.

Also this is a free market and I am allowed to sell at whatever price I want , it is up to the buyer to made a decision regarding the sale not me.

My thinking is they got a better deal somewhere else.

But yeah , you made the right call by just canceling.

Perception is reality.. I guess

Ok. The no minifigs part was clearly stated in the listing and 2nd picture, but I did not see any mention of "no box".  Plus you made it clear to X all minifigs on 2nd picture, but  NOT the box.  Most likely you set them off by offering the box for additional fees. 

I would put a picture of the actual bags in future listings to avoid confusions.

As for this transaction, cancel and move on

Just a thought.   Maybe the buyer didn't know what exactly what minifigures mean?  I was talking to my brother the other day about Lego buying, and he's not a Lego fans at all just a typical buyer, he had no idea what minifigures mean either.

I see that the buyer used the term "characters" in his message rather than minifigures.  Again, I am not familiar with the whole situation, so this is just a thought.

I am giving both buyer and seller the same benefit of doubts.  Giving advice on a transaction is one thing, but to name and shame a potential buyer / user should require more than one side of the story.  Either side could make mistake.  Since the other side is not here for a rebuttal nor we see the actual eBay listing to verify the story, we really do not have all the facts to tell one way or the other.

Ok. The no minifigs part was clearly stated in the listing and 2nd picture, but I did not see any mention of "no box".  Plus you made it clear to X all minifigs on 2nd picture, but  NOT the box.  Most likely you set them off by offering the box for additional fees. 

I would put a picture of the actual bags in future listings to avoid confusions.

As for this transaction, cancel and move on

You're right that both should be given the benefit of the doubt.. and given the listing, it wasn't a great listing. Stock photos are always dangerous. In fact, I'll bet a Bart minifigure you would have lost your case if you charged an extra $12 for the box. It's not stated anywhere in the listing that no box is included and the first picture is of the box. I would have assumed it came with the box.

As a side note, I didn't even see those black Xs in the second picture but it is clearly stated no minifigs. The buyer is clearly being an @** though considering the language of "ripping off." More polite language should always be used by buyers.

• Like 1