sold item on ebay - buyer paid but now says will not accept

siddji

So I had an auction on eBay for simpsons house without minifigs or original box. I sold item , the seller paid and everything was fine. Since the original box was not included in the auction I asked the buyer if they were interested in getting the original box for $12 more because the box was bigger and shipping cost with the original box would be higher. Now the buyer think that I'm ripping on ripping him off because the set didn't have any mini figures or original box and wants to cancel transaction. When i said no returns were the terms.. he said that he will not accept the pavkage when I mail the Lego set out. What do I do now since I have opened the set already.

Guest betsy805

Just cancel the transaction.  There's a million different ways they could make you suffer otherwise, from item not as described, to neg feedback, to unauthorized charge, etc.  Not worth it!  Relist the item and move on :)

Havent mailed it out. Will cancel transaction and Will block them from future transactions.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Bad buyers are everywhere.  I had someone return a dolphin cruiser on me after Christmas, it is pretty clear that they got one cheaper.

I requested a cancelled transaction once on a Hogwarts, it was advertised as a 4842 and other sets.  Turns out that the minifigures were not included, but that wasn't stated in the listing anywhere.  Doesn't sound like this was the case with this one though.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd block the buyer and name/shame them on here so we can block them too.  There appears to be a lot more crooks on the buying side than selling side these days.  Unfortunately a feedback rating of 100% in the thousands [like me ;-)] can be held against you when a buyer threatens to destroy your reputation.  In this case, you just have to be polite, apologise and terminate the transaction.  Even though you have their address and it's tempting to have a ton of manure delivered to their house!

You (the seller) need to send the request, and they need to accept.

I am perfectly fine if someone changes their mind (there's always another buyer), but what is a bit frustrating is when someone asks you to please issue a refund (for whatever reason) & cancel the transaction - but then after you refund the $, they can't be bothered accepting the request to cancel.

So is the buyer refusing to accept because he didn't read the description or because he was mad you offered the box for an additional fee? Please don't take this the wrong way but that's kinda lame offering box for an additional fee. Maybe he felt you were trying to squeeze more money out of him or her? No disrespect intended just my thoughts. I'm not defending the buyer as I to dislike non reading buyers.

So is the buyer refusing to accept because he didn't read the description or because he was mad you offered the box for an additional fee? Please don't take this the wrong way but that's kinda lame offering box for an additional fee. Maybe he felt you were trying to squeeze more money out of him or her? No disrespect intended just my thoughts. I'm not defending the buyer as I to dislike non reading buyers.

Because he wanted to know how I was going to ship. I said regular box. Then inquired why original box not included.. at which I offered to send original box. But now he still wants to cancel.

Agreed. What is the buyers handle so we can all add them to our blocked buyer lists? The more nut jobs we can block ahead of time the better off we will all be. There should be a dedicated thread for this...lol.

what is a buyers handle? U mean user name?

Just curious, did you put a picture of the box on your auction listing ?    No matter how clearly the auction descriptions and titles were, potential buyers would base their buying decisions on pictures most of the time.  If you put the picture(s) of the box on your listing, that most likely how the buyer got the impressions that box and minifigs were included.

• Like 2

Just curious, did you put a picture of the box on your auction listing ?    No matter how clearly the auction descriptions and titles were, potential buyers would base their buying decisions on pictures most of the time.  If you put the picture(s) of the box on your listing, that most likely how the buyer got the impressions that box and minifigs were included.

Agree completely - if this is the case with this listing, when you relist take photos of exactly what the buyer will get.