Get your Wargs while you can...

Here is my take on the Wargs... I also think the set as a whole is rather lackluster.  But here is another thing to consider.  This set has some things going for it:

- Two exclusive (so far) wargs,

- Fearless dwarf leader Thorin Oakenshield,

- and although BIfur is nothing special, this is the only set you get him in.  Sometime not too far down the road, there will be the completists who have to collect everything who missed out on this set, and will have to turn to us to get there Bifur mini to complete their collection of dwarves, etc. 

-Lastly, don't forget that there are two Orcs.  These are great army-builders, and people already pay decently for them.

Yazneg is pointless.  Nobody cares much about him and they never will.  But you can still get $3-$4 for him on eBay.

So to summarize this rambling... If you can still pick up this set for $35, by all means you should do it.  People actually pay $15-$20 on eBay right now just for the tree setup.  If you go that route, you are suddenly sitting on a bunch of great stuff that only cost you $15-$20.  Those wargs should appreciate nicely, and those alone will make the investment worthwhile.

TRU Canada *finally* shipped a bunch of these I ordered on Black Friday weekend.  The order had been on hold for so long I actually forgot about it...but was pleasantly surprised to find them at my door this week.  At $29.99 + tax, I'm pretty happy (especially for Canadian prices).

Anyone else get backordered sets as well?

This set is now gone from Amazon, Walmart still has them for $40 and TRU for $60 of course. I think this set has pretty decent potential considering how heavily discounted it is. I think it will quickly climb to $70 or so and then top off close to $100, for those of getting these for $35 or better yet, $25, its a solid choice. 

I got round to watching "An unexpected Journey" at the weekend so I now know what the tree is all about.  It actually makes me less unimpressed with this set.  Firstly, Azog should definitely have been included. Secondly, thirdly, fourthly etc etc etc, how did this set ever reach a rrp of 50???

I got round to watching "An unexpected Journey" at the weekend so I now know what the tree is all about.  It actually makes me less unimpressed with this set.  Firstly, Azog should definitely have been included. Secondly, thirdly, fourthly etc etc etc, how did this set ever reach a rrp of 50???

Ya I`m thinking it`s a bit of a dud. DMIIM suggest it reaching $75, and I can see that. At $50 MSRP, that`s pretty much a bust IMHO. At $30, you`re in good shape, but not much higher then that. It`s a weird set in itself as well, and I agree, Azog should have been added. The overall set doesn't fit with the film and it feels out of place in the Hobbit line. 

Found one last one on the shelf at Meijer last week during the 50% off clearance sale - came out to about $11.50 after the $5 off $50 coupon. I wish I could have found more at that price but alas, there was only one.

I bought one at full price for my own collection when I was coming out of my dark ages, before I found this site and realized that not only was I paying way too much for Lego by not paying attention to sales/deals, but also that there are millions of people just like me out there who will pay out the nose to complete their Lego collections. And thus, a brickvesting journey began!