Get your Wargs while you can...

Am I missing something here? It was tagged as "retiring soon" at ShopLego since at least last November. But that was US one. Was not looking at UK one. But yes, it certainly is retiring.

Just checked the UK LEGO Shop at Home. It just says Hard to Find, no mention of retiring and online still at the full price of

Bifer, grey warg, white warg, and some cool orcs with hair, but this set felt a little high at $50 MSRP and was discounted regularly.  It was only out about 1 year in the U.S. though which is pretty quick for a licensed set.  I only have a couple of this set but I tend to lean more towards LOTR than Hobbit for investment anyways.

I think the future for this set is parting it out.  The Wargs are great, but the set's price point killed it. I would definitely like to get some more Wargs to have a bit of an army of them, since I have a ton of Orcs with nothing to ride.

Yes a US price 33% cheaper than the rest of the world definitely killed it :P

Hmm, weird, Lego UK does not even use "retiring soon" tag. There is no such search filter at least...

Lego Canada does use that tag though...

The UK does not really understand the word clearance either. I walk up and down the clearance aisles looking at set and going " that's at full price, that's at full price". Least TRU has the honesty not to put clearance on their extortionate priced old sets. :)

I agree with the consensus that $50 seemed high for MSRP.  I would have never paid that for what is included.  I do think the Wargs will do very well though.  I am bummed that I don't have more of these sitting around waiting to increase in value.  What's worse is that I have bought and parted out this set 18 times.  I thought they would be widely available for a lot longer and that I could build a better Warg collection.  Come to think of it, an awful lot of sets disappeared quickly (and seemingly forever) without warning this Christmas season.  Wolverine, Doc Ock Ambush, Wargs, etc.

Guest TabbyBoy

Hmm, weird, Lego UK does not even use "retiring soon" tag. There is no such search filter at least...

Lego Canada does use that tag though...

Type "Retired Product" into the search box and it will list all recently retired sets.  Use Safari (I use an iMac) as IE & Firefox grey out the next page when paging forward. I'm thinking of posting the whole list on a weekly basis.  It made me smile when I saw 4209 on there (filled my boots at

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm curious to know how you had those Fire Planes delivered. Did you use Asda's click and collect service or was it sent to your house? It must have taken up a couple of pallets!

It was 176 of them (4209 is the set code not the quantity - LOL). No big deal, I just had them sent to my local collection point and they all arrived in perfect factory boxes of 3.  I have a large car but, still managed to fit them all in.  I've sold loads at boot sales, etc. and have 30 left for eBay once the initial "low selling prices" have gone.

I see that you do a bit of trolling on Hot UK Deals like I do. ;-) There's so many idiots on there.

It was 176 of them (4209 is the set code not the quantity - LOL). No big deal, I just had them sent to my local collection point and they all arrived in perfect factory boxes of 3.  I have a large car but, still managed to fit them all in.  I've sold loads at boot sales, etc. and have 30 left for eBay once the initial "low selling prices" have gone.

I see that you do a bit of trolling on Hot UK Deals like I do. ;-) There's so many idiots on there.

Like you said before Hot UK Deals is a great site for picking up a good Lego discount but you've got to be quick sometimes as the deals can be gone in an instant.

Yeah I remember it was 176 :thumbsup:  Just before Christmas I ordered 40 Friends Olivia's Houses and Riding Camps to a Click and Collect store, needless to say he wasn't happy when it filled his stock room!

So tell me about your car boot sales, are they good places to sell Lego? I never really considered them but I suppose you're not worrying about the eBay and Paypal fees. Mind me asking what you sell those planes for at the car boot?

Guest TabbyBoy

Like you said before Hot UK Deals is a great site for picking up a good Lego discount but you've got to be quick sometimes as the deals can be gone in an instant.

Yeah I remember it was 176 :thumbsup:  Just before Christmas I ordered 40 Friends Olivia's Houses and Riding Camps to a Click and Collect store, needless to say he wasn't happy when it filled his stock room!

So tell me about your car boot sales, are they good places to sell Lego? I never really considered them but I suppose you're not worrying about the eBay and Paypal fees. Mind me asking what you sell those planes for at the car boot?

At the boot sales, I shifted about 5-10 at a time for

Out Wal-Mart 2 miles from home kept showing "in-stock" for this set at $35. I went again with my son last night, and scoured the aisles, not seeing any. I was ready to leave, and he asked someone at customer service. They found a hidden box of 4 in the warehouse. I only wanted 1, as I don't think the set is all that great.