Anyone seen the ebay Lego auction for three 6

Rich B

I don't know how I stumbled on auction 170933723660 on ebay, but that is the biggest collection I've seen on ebay and it all sorted (worth a lot to me!) or built, with 2,700+ minifigures, ~150 lbs of instructions, 700,000+ pieces. It is in Lancashire, England, so shipping would be crazy high for me, otherwise I would definitely be interested. No weight estimate but 3 pallets six feet high has to be a lot of weight!

I imagine there have been bigger collections on ebay?

Wow!! I just looked at that and it's one heck of a collection. I wonder what the value of all that would be if you took the time to break it all down and sell it by piece or by set on bricklink or ebay? It would take forever to do that though. That's probably the biggest individual collection I've seen on ebay ever, I have no idea how to even begin putting a $$$ value on it.

The part where he says he doesn't have a time frame for shipping made me chuckle. Just what I want to hear when I am spending that kind of cash. These types of auctions like this one and that one with every single star wars set ever made are beyond me anyway, I think that half the fun of all this is the time and effort it takes to build your collection. If you buy a lot like this then what?? You have everything pretty much. I also think that it would take thousands of hours to turn this stuff and get your money back.....who has time for that? Not this guy!

If this auction was in the states, I would be tempted to get more details. But freight alone on an auction like this from England would cost hundreds of dollars, if not in the thousands alone. Like you said, you would then in turn have to invest hundreds of hours of your own time to ever see your money back, not sure it's worth it unless this IS your job.

I don't know how I stumbled on auction 170933723660 on ebay, but that is the biggest collection I've seen on ebay and it all sorted (worth a lot to me!) or built, with 2,700+ minifigures, ~150 lbs of instructions, 700,000+ pieces. It is in Lancashire, England, so shipping would be crazy high for me, otherwise I would definitely be interested. No weight estimate but 3 pallets six feet high has to be a lot of weight!

I imagine there have been bigger collections on ebay?

LINK

Sounds like quite a good deal if it is as described.