LEGO 4207 City Garage retired

Do people think this one will be a good investment set?

The last City Garage set from awhile back has done alright.  I'd say solid but not spectacular investment potential.  TRU exclusive, too, and I've had a tough time getting these with any kind of serious discount.  I'm holding out hope for a good sale from TRU...

Do people think this one will be a good investment set?

Yes, the old city garage 7642 was $99 and is now going for close to (and in some cases over) $200. I don't think that one was a TRU exclusive either but I could be wrong. This new one was going for over $150 for a while until everyone was able to get them for $66 from TRU. Since then the price has plummeted. Seems like those people who are ok with making a smaller profit started listing them for lower to undercut the next guy and so on and so on. I have a feeling the price will go back up quickly though.

Says retiring soon, not "Retired Product"  If you notice the actual retired product do not have any VIP point allocation.  So this is not official yet until it sayd "Retired Product".

Use search in shop@home. It's marked as retired product. Retiring soon also marked. Your information could be wrong.

Is this a bull board spreading lies? Guys, this is available at all TRU so please, do your research before pumping out the wrong news.

I can buy this now with 15% off and I won't do it because this set won't go up that much.

Calm down, it's pretty common for sets to hit retired on S@H while they are still available at other retailers and even LEGO Stores. They don't call every store in the world to check current inventory. When S@H runs out and goes to retired product, the set can be considered retired since it is no longer being produced and whatever is left in the wild is about all that's left.

• Like 2

Is this a bull board spreading lies? Guys, this is available at all TRU so please, do your research before pumping out the wrong news.

I can buy this now with 15% off and I won't do it because this set won't go up that much.

You need to get your facts straight.  Retired sets specifically mean they are marked as "Retired Product" on LEGO Shop at Home site.  Meaning LEGO stops the production, BUT it does NOT mean the stocks at retailers have been depleted.  Technically, LEGO can stop the production right after sending multiple pallets to TRU, Walmart, etc.  In this scenario, the set will be marked "Retired" at LEGO but Walmart will still have tons of copies on the shelves.   

• Like 1