First eBay sales!!!

dman2900

Made my first Lego sales on eBay this weekend. Didn't do to bad I think..........

I sold an "Orc Forge" and a "Mines of Moria" and made a combined 45.82% profit on them.......

For the first sale I don't think it was bad. I'm not going to make a living at it, but not bad.......

What do you think?

Made my first Lego sales on eBay this weekend. Didn't do to bad I think..........

I sold an "Orc Forge" and a "Mines of Moria" and made a combined 45.82% profit on them.......

For the first sale I don't think it was bad. I'm not going to make a living at it, but not bad.......

What do you think?

Nice job. Profit is profit in my opinion. Obviously most would say you would make more holding them a bit longer but to each his own.

Guest TabbyBoy

What do you think?

I sell dozens of items a month on eBay (Lego & bicycle parts) with good margins but, still not enough to give up work.  I'm not selling my LOTR sets yet as they have only just retired.  Welcome to the realm of "Resellers" you know, the ones that LEGO love so much!  If I can get better at spotting supermarket bargains before everybody else and clear the shelves, there's no reason why I can't have a full-time crack at this.  One tip..... If you see sets really cheap at a local store, swallow your pride and buy the whole lot there and then.

Exciting! I think 45.8% profit is a very respectable profit margin, especially when you are first starting out and trying to get more capital to invest in other items. I've sold things for as little as 30% profit, usually when I'm just flipping things and trying to clear space or just get some money back.

• 3 weeks later...

Just remember, this is a pretty POOR time to sell. Most people aren't buying toys (burned out from the holidays) and you are competing with a lot of sellers who are trying to make their books even out or clear out inventory. Your margins on those sets will be much better later in the year, and will probably peak in late Nov/Early Dec. Prices will start to creep back up in a couple months. But sometimes you gotta make a little money to acquire more stuff. So good job!

If I make 25% profit for now I think it would be a good start. That way I can make a little money to get other sets. My goal to start out is to make about 25% to 50% profit on everything I sell to gain capital to reinvest.

Start slow and when I regain the investment capital then start looking for the bigger purchases later in the year to gear up to the big selling events in Oct-Dec.......

Now I am trying to buy a few of each set that I can at anywhere from 30% to 50% off MRSP.......

When do the big summer sale's usually happen?

• 3 weeks later...

I've sold misc stuff over the years on eBay...used household items, clothes etc so margins never mattered. I just sold 3 Cloud Cookoo....paid 17.5 with tax for each. Sold each for 30. After fees, shipping, etc I think these small items might not be for me. May just need to focus on pricier items.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker