Set from the 80's set back from the dead.

I came out of my Dark Ages a couple years ago when I found all my old Lego while cleaning out my moms basement. As a child I thought I had a huge Lego collection, and by 80's standards maybe I did. Anyway while researching eBay prices on 15 pounds of random old Lego I was shocked by how much it was selling for. And a second part time job was born. As a child I would build a set once, play with it for a while, then break it apart and use the pieces for my own creations. I mention this because instead of selling them I gave all my old Lego to my then 5 year old. He is more of a build, play, display, play some more type of collector (he must get that from his mother). So today I came in from the garage and was greeted by this set. Anyone else have a similar story? If so post sme pics. post-30202-0-36363700-1388508349_thumb.j

• Like 2

Love that set man...thats awesome a new generation can appreciate the classics.

I am so looking forward to going home and digging my childhood collection out of storage. Going to be months of sorting and building nostalgic heaven :)

I got all of my old toys from my moms house over the course of several years, sold a ton of original Star Wars stuff and nearly every G1 Transformer before I got around to the Lego, didn't think the Lego would be worth much, shows what I know. The Lego were the only toys that I had any attacthment to, which is why my son has them now. I can't wait to see what he builds next. It's funny that he keeps my old ones seperate from all the newer sets we've bought him.

I got all of my old toys from my moms house over the course of several years, sold a ton of original Star Wars stuff and nearly every G1 Transformer before I got around to the Lego, didn't think the Lego would be worth much, shows what I know. The Lego were the only toys that I had any attacthment to, which is why my son has them now. I can't wait to see what he builds next. It's funny that he keeps my old ones seperate from all the newer sets we've bought him.

Maybe your son will be a future Lego investor. He is separating the sets that are valuable apart from the sets that aren't valuable yet.

This was one of my earliest Lego sets;  I got my first for Christmas '86, and I think I got this for my seventh birthday in Feb '87.  The little snake tail was always my favorite part as a kid, I don't know how many other builds that got worked into. 

And the blue spaceman is still in awesome condition, despite being in the Lego bin for over 25 years.  I've rescued him and have him stowed on the display shelf now.

I'm the same. Build once, play for awhile, dismantle and mix with other sets.

Though recently I've been putting back together some of the old sets and pose for photograph as a bit of documentation for my collection.

This #6611 set is the oldest set I have.

5516966814_33a0133ce4.jpg

I have more old sets in this flickr album, but I haven't got around to rebuild bigger sets yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kvasir79/sets/72157626096905153/with/5516966814/