Got my First Neutral Ebay Feedback in 15 years of selling on ebay

emazers

So a Guy won the Lego Star Wars 10198 from me Dec 3 about 10 at night, he paid I told him I will mail the box in the morning fedex, and will send you tracking later that day, which I did I told him the fedex slip says 5 business days, as I live in Baltimore and him in Portland Oregon, I told him to track fedex to see when you will get it.So he paid Dec 3, I mailed it Dec 4th, 5 business days would be Dec 11, but Fedex Delivered it Dec 12th. So He gives me a Neutral, but the worst part he gave me a one star for Item as described, comunication and shipping time. And underneath the Neutral he wrote slow processed,don't recommend. What a idiot, so instead of having all 5's His feedback took my seller dash score to a 4.6 for item as described, 4.1 communication, and a 4 for shipping. so being upset as I always mail the next or same day, never had a problem, except for the idiots who don't pay. So I called E-bay up and gave them the whole story last night, I was talking to a ebay rep who was talking from the Phillipines, she agreed that I got screwed, so she removed the neutral, and today my seller Dashboard went back up high like it was. So if you think you are getting screwed on feedback call ebay up. ED

• Like 3

What a tool! Crazy how people do these kinds of things. Really, postal service is out of his control, you shipped when you said you would, paid for the appropriate service with an estimated delivery date, end of story. Some people are just fools!

Yeah its stupid. I got a neutral a few days back from a guy who said "2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping". First of all, my listings don't advertise 2 day shipping -- its 2-3 priority but I list in the listing 2-4 because I sometimes choose to use FEDEX.

In this case, I shipped it USPS and they lost it for 4 days in between. It took 8 days (counting all days) to get there - which is a far cry from 2 weeks. 

Doesn't make a huge difference, but I just don't understand why you wouldn't look at the shipping thing and see that I dropped it off next day. Or message me.

And what misses me off more is I always message these people and ask them what I can do to help them, etc. and they never respond. Cowards wont even back up what they did.

Considering my other two neutrals were a guy who wrote "." and someone mad that his minifigure didn't come in a box (like a retail box), I haven't really been treated tremendously fairly. At the same time, don't have a neg, so thats always good.

You are right about 5 years back a guy could win something from you and not pay and still leave negative feedback. Ebay was getting millions a calls a week when that policy was allowed to happen.

God I hated those days. Got a couple from that.

Used to sell guitar equipment. Got one because a guy decided he didn't want something. He returned it to me and it was lost in the mail for a few days. The buyer got antsy and went ahead and told me if I didn't refund his money anyway (I still didn't have it), he would leave me a negative. I told him I had to wait offered to talk to him on the phone, etc. and then promptly reported him to Ebay for feedback bribing. Of course, he left the neg and Ebay wouldn't remove it.

You are right about 5 years back a guy could win something from you and not pay and still leave negative feedback. Ebay was getting millions a calls a week when that policy was allowed to happen.

Yeah, that crap was crazy. I never understood why they did that. That was the hight of buyer power. I think they were erroring on the side of trying to gain customers but they were loosing sellers left and right.

In reality, Ebay may be one of the slowest sites ever in terms of adopting proper rules. They are usually more concerned with protecting their fees (no email addresses in messages, no messaging people for deals outside of ebay) than actually fixing some of the stuff that plagues their site and makes no sense. I find a bug in Ebays Seller UI like twice a day (possibly unfair since that is part of my job in real life). You would think with the money they make, they could make a frickin website that functioned properly.

You have to hit them where it hurts. I sell a lot of my collectibles on ebay like figures and toys and a few lego sets ;) but when i get stupid feedback from people like that, i simply send several emails demanding ebay take proper action and fix the issue or i will take my business to Amazon or another competitor and i will divert business away from them as well. I usually have the problem taken care of within a day or two. They don't want to lose money every month over one buyer. The fun part is if you need to actually call them. They don't make their numbers visible anymore. I had to google them to find some numbers where you can actually speak to someone. Although a lot of the time, the people who answer are not very bright at all. 

The shipping time 5 auto stars is for item delivery within 4 business days. I think it also has to be mailed within one business day (I'm a little fuzzy on this one since most of our stuff is books going media mail, so we don't often qualify for the auto 5 stars even though we ship within a day.)

Shipping price is auto five stars if you offer free shipping.

Communication is auto five stars if there is no communication before or after the transaction (i.e, if there is no communication between you and the buyer, eBay doesn't think it's fair to allow the buyer to "rate" you on a non-event.)

You have to hit them where it hurts. I sell a lot of my collectibles on ebay like figures and toys and a few lego sets ;) but when i get stupid feedback from people like that, i simply send several emails demanding ebay take proper action and fix the issue or i will take my business to Amazon or another competitor and i will divert business away from them as well. I usually have the problem taken care of within a day or two. They don't want to lose money every month over one buyer. The fun part is if you need to actually call them. They don't make their numbers visible anymore. I had to google them to find some numbers where you can actually speak to someone. Although a lot of the time, the people who answer are not very bright at all. 

It's actually quite simple to get an eBay phone number, with a PIN, to be connected to an English-speaking person in Utah. Just click on "customer support" at the top of the screen, click on the "contact eBay" tab, and follow the prompts until you get the telephone icon which will lead you to the number and your pin number.

Also, if you think they care at all about one seller of collectibles leaving the site, I'm afraid you've been dipping a little too deep in the egg nog. eBay cares about individual diamond sellers (Target, TRU, Coach), the rest of us are a dime a thousand.

If you're getting problems taken care of, it's because that taking care of fits in the parameters of seller protection or other policies, not because you threaten to scoop up all your toys and take them to Amazon.

You guys have me thinking I should call about the one unwarranted negative feedback I received.  The buyer never responded to my emails and complained the shipping took too long in his feedback, even when I clearly state it is Economy Shipping.  I looked at his listings and it was another guy reselling LEGO and was probably just trying to hurt his competition.

You guys have me thinking I should call about the one unwarranted negative feedback I received.  The buyer never responded to my emails and complained the shipping took too long in his feedback, even when I clearly state it is Economy Shipping.  I looked at his listings and it was another guy reselling LEGO and was probably just trying to hurt his competition.

Definitely worth a try. One of the things eBay's not amused by is competitors leaving bad feedback for each other.