Wal-Mart Winter Clearance 2013

Dbroncoboy

This lack of after-Christmas clearance has solidified my will to buy even more Lego sets on every other clearance I find.  I was planning on going home with a at least a cart full of sets, but nothing entered my cart and stayed there.  I don't know what to do with myself now except wait until a real clearance, and then I will buy everything I can.

What a disappointment. Last Christmas I was filling a cart at every walmart and target....found noticing this year but the train poly at target---30% off at one store---and half off at another---but they only had 2. Went to lego in Braintree in hopes of logging trucks, chess, winter village, and mini modulars. Nothing. All sold out. They did have a all the new princess and batman out. Eagle polys sold out as well. Boo! I have tomorrow off too...for nothing it seems.

I don't think this thread was intended for discussing gun rights or lack there of....

It's a strongly opinionated issue and deserves its own thread if its going to be discussed on the board IMO. I have plenty of my own input to add, but don't think derailing this thread is the proper way to do it.

Shot down. Pardon the pun.

Guest eightbrick

Shot down. Pardon the pun.

*Palm to forehead* I guess as long as we don't go too far or take things personally a little political debates are okay here and there, but yeah we really hijacked this thread (sorry :D ). Boxing day is supposedly a bigger holiday here but I haven't seen any advertised sales from Walmart or on their website (.ca) yet.

Anyway....

Went to a Walmart before the local hood-rats woke up this morning, I love empty stores. Not much lego on the shelves so zero clearance. I did finally happen to pickup the Lone Ranger push car poly, first time I've ever seen them in a store. I bought two of them and one creator black car poly.

The entire trip was worth it when I found Gemmy Airblown items at 50% off (there and Home Depot). Finally picked up a Frosty and a Snoopy on his red doghouse. Can't wait for Nov-Dec 2014.

Also found a Man of Steel shaving kit for $5. I might not look like Henry C. but I can sure have his shave.

I used the phone app to check the stores I know have inventory, but the prices haven't changed.

Thanks for the update...  I stopped in one of my high traffic Wal-Marts today and nothing has moved and they just keep downsizing the Christmas clearance section.  Stuff should start moving to Lawn and Garden for clearance before the end of the month.

I have been stalking Wal-Marts in my area. Not only have they not clearanced any Lego out, they haven't started stocking 2014 sets at all (other than a few stray Sunshine Ranches and Juice Bars). I'm still holding out for when they turn over the Lego section - either they will have to at least move old stock out, or else they will not be stocking 2014 sets. Gotta think it will be the latter, just a question of when and whether the Lego in the clearance aisle will actually be marked down or just red-tagged with regular retail price. Either way, I'm still expecting *something* to change in the Lego aisles in the next 10 days. . .

My local Walmart is barren when it comes to Friends sets.  They have had 3 Flying sets and 3 Magician sets for the last week.  And that's it.  Everything else is completely wiped out.

The other sets are okay, some holes here and there.  They've got some of the 2014 sets (including Movie and Superhero sets).  Hoping this clearance comes soon.

My local Walmart is barren when it comes to Friends sets. They have had 3 Flying sets and 3 Magician sets for the last week. And that's it. Everything else is completely wiped out.

The other sets are okay, some holes here and there. They've got some of the 2014 sets (including Movie and Superhero sets). Hoping this clearance comes soon.

And you are leaving those flying club on the shelf because?

They are still $19. I picked up a bunch over BF weekend when they were 40% off.

I'm going to say this only once :

Do a S2S and you get the 14.59$ price. If you fail to do so, my dad ( who is staying with me) is visiting his sister in San Diego next week and I promise you they will be gone then .. You have a week. Click!

Edit: it is a very easy set to sell for a small profit and it doesn't weigh a lot. Makes a perfect gift to a daughter/niece....

• Like 1

I think they were 30% off Black Friday weekend.

You're right, they were 30% off.  They were $13.99, down from $19.99.

I'm going to say this only once :

Do a S2S and you get the 14.59$ price. If you fail to do so, my dad ( who is staying with me) is visiting his sister in San Diego next week and I promise you they will be gone then .. You have a week. Click!

Edit: it is a very easy set to sell for a small profit and it doesn't weigh a lot. Makes a perfect gift to a daughter/niece....

Done!  Thanks!

FWIW - I spoke to a couple Walmart Toy Department Managers. One of the stores actually stared their Toy Clearance, they moved everything near the Pet section/close to the garden section. (Depends on how your store is laid out). A lot of items are marked at 25-30% off. The only Lego items I found in this section were Duplo Cindarellas Castles ($30) and Duplo Cindarellas Carriages ($17). The other store hadn't started anything. Though oddly enough, they had 5 Batcaves on the shelf that on 12/31 were marked down to $55. 

They basically said this WAS the clearance, and that there would be no company wide markdown - So at this point it will follow your own particular stores Toy Clearance whims. I am of course surprised to see a lot of obviously older and discontinued items still at full price, as we all were expecting a lot of older sets to get marked down after Christmas. I suppose this means that stuff will kind of get marked down to 30% or so and linger until they feel like marking them down further. As others have pointed out, they have a LOT of toys they will eventually move, so they may at some point do something a tad more dramatic. With the Target clearance and my own actual "life" I haven't bothered going to a lot of the regional ones yet, though I hope to trickle in to them during the next couple weeks.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

This is why I prefer the US <and Canada as well>. No rocket launchers needed to be able to leave home with some peace of mind lol, the rest is just a Bonus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aURdguyZsOU

and back to the original topic the mack is right stores are know waiting for the gift cards to be redeemed start looking for the clearance a week before the new products hit the shelves

There's so little in the Lego aisles at the Walmarts around me that I don't think anything will get clearanced outside of a set here or there.  With Star Wars showing up later this year in the States there's not going to be as much filling the aisle at the beginning of the year to push out the old stock.  I have seen very little fill the aisles outside of some City, Creator, and Lego Movie.

My Walmart is the same way.  There's nothing on the Friends aisle, except for 5 sets of Mia's Magic Tricks.  The rest of the space is taken over with Megablocks.

The regular Lego aisle is half filled with puzzles wherever there is an empty space.  So very few sets.  There's an end cap with the Lego Movie merchandise, but there's not even a lot of that out at the moment.

My Walmart is the same way.  There's nothing on the Friends aisle, except for 5 sets of Mia's Magic Tricks.  The rest of the space is taken over with Megablocks.

The regular Lego aisle is half filled with puzzles wherever there is an empty space.  So very few sets.  There's an end cap with the Lego Movie merchandise, but there's not even a lot of that out at the moment.

Same here. There isn't anything left to clearance.

Went to a Walmart in Memphis today while travelling on business and the Lego aisle was fully stocked and a disaster area.  They got a full load of the Lego Movie sets in, but didnt have space on the shelves for them, so they are hidden behind other sets haphazardly, really odd!  Sets were also all mixed up - managed to find a Two-Face chase and Hulk Helicarrier in the mess, so got those.

This Walmart had also returned its "regular" clearance items from the summer/fall back to the shelves near the garden center that was previously occupied by Christmas decor (I assume the stock that was in the trailers).  A bunch of Gandalf Arrives for 9.00 but nothing else of note...