21010 - Robie House

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

• 3 weeks later...

They are not numbered bags and there are smaller bags inside of the larger as usual. Try looking at eBay completed listings to see if you can find one that was new but opened with a pic of all the bags. I know this won't help unless you see a specific bag you think is missing:

post-31269-0-80274400-1421382443_thumb.j

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

Ebay interactions are always an adventure.  Advertise the item new, but mean its open box.  Box is larger component of value with Architecture sets.

I am surprised there is not an online source of the accurate bag count in the Robie House set.  It is the first time the internet has failed me when seeking Lego data.

• 1 month later...

What do you think could be the price of Robie House by the end of 2015?

You can look in the Brick database and extrapolate the line to get some idea of value at the end of this year.  It is a great resource to research the performance of sets.

In the US I optimistically hope it will get to $400 this year.  It's hard to say since there is no comparable set to judge by.  It is the largest of the line, yet the real house is relatively unknown compared to some of the other sets.

• 2 months later...

I have one left except for mine in my personal collection. I agree that it's been a superstar investment. I think Fallingwater will do well eventually and Imperial Hotel is also a Frank Lloyd Wright design and is also the biggest Architecture set currently available. I think it will be a winner as well but who knows how much longer it will be available. Potentially years. 

Should have rephrased my question. =)

Was curious to know if they were getting anywhere near the BP price. Sold ones in eBay seem to be lower.

​I have sold three, for the exception of one for $379. I sold my first for $350 just to get my feet wet. The trending price on eBay (according to their analytics) is about $350, so I'm very happy with what I made!

What are possible explanations for Robie House's performance? As long as it was available no one seemed to care about it, so it was on sale an some Amazons like forever. Then is suddenly went through the roof, while other Architecture sets you would have imagined to do better than RH are just a disappointment. I've run out of ideas for reasons for what RH did after EOL.

What are possible explanations for Robie House's performance? As long as it was available no one seemed to care about it, so it was on sale an some Amazons like forever. Then is suddenly went through the roof, while other Architecture sets you would have imagined to do better than RH are just a disappointment. I've run out of ideas for reasons for what RH did after EOL.

​The following are all retired sets from at least 2014 (or earlier) and I would like to know which of these are disappointments?

21000 - Sears Tower - 27%
21001 - John Hancock - 28%
21004 - Guggenheim - 17%
21007 - Rockefeller - 15%
21008 - Burj Khalifa - 26%
21010 - Robie House - 15%
21016 - Sungnyemun - 60% (I don't believe the spike)

For more recently retired sets, I think that Farnsworth and Villa Savoie will struggle, Sydney Opera House and Brandenburg Gate will perform ok, and Empire State building and Fallingwater will perform well.

• Like 1