21010 - Robie House

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a Robie House via FAO and it came in a box nearly ten times its size, the Lego box being damaged with broken corners, tears, and otherwise.  Not cool.  I just received a replacement, and this one is even worse.  The shipping box this time around was so big that you could fit 9 others and still have room; no packaging material at all.  For $200, you'd think a good condition box would be provided.  Should I send them back or keep them?  The boxes are not in the best of shape....

I am not usually a fan of being picky or sending stuff back for damaged boxes because I don't have a problem getting the same price for it.

However, in a case like this, I would keep sending them back just because this is the only way some companies learn.

Since everyone sent back pancaked small sets to TRU, I haven't gotten one in a shipping sleeve. Could be a coincidence, but maybe not :)

• Like 1

keep them both and request another replacement, if they screw up the third one, keep all three as thier "stupidity tax"

Because stealing makes it right.

Please do not listen to comments like this. Send the sets back. People who do this only cause retailers more problems which leads to more problems with returns, purchasing, etc. for good buyers.

• Like 2

Yeah, keep them.  Right!  They've billed me once, a temp hold for the 2nd, and now if a 3rd, which I'm not doing at this point.  I'd keep them if I was given a worthy discount, but can't imagine them doing that.  Even when they get them back, I cannot see how they would be sold as new.

• Like 1

I've wondered the same thing.  And for them to send me shipping lables to send everything back, and then for them to perhaps sell these at a discount, it'd be cheaper to offer me a discount to keep them.  Going to call tomorrow about that.  What do you think would be fair, if I keep them?  They were $200/each....what is fair given the box condition?

I feel your pain OP.  I collect bobblehead dolls, and I'm shocked how many people think it's okay to send in oversized boxes or bubble envelopes!  I buy most on eBay and even tell the people to wrap the neck so full the head can't move, pack the shipping box so you can shake the it and not feel the doll move, yet broken bobble after broken bobble arrives, and I get another Paypal refund.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody, I just got a steal of two Robbie houses for $99.98 a piece from toysrus. Should I flip them now or wait until it gets the official retired sticker on the site. Right now it's sold out and tagged as retiring soon. Please let me know ur thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Anyone closely monitoring this set? Slowly rising...

I would love to add two more for investing towards my stock pile, since it looks so promising. :money:

I picked two Robie houses up last week for about $130 each.  My gut tells me that this is not one of the sets that I should hold on to for a long time so I'll watch how much it will go for this Christmas and decide if I should wait another holiday season to unload them.  Also, I was surprised at how heavy the boxes were so I have no doubt that shipping wont be cheap.  Best case scenario for me is to sell both of them for $300 each this Christmas and then use that $600 to pick up 12 Falling Waters and then next Christmas sell the 12 FW so I can double my FW number to 24 with only spending $260 initially.  I've seen the FW inventory numbers with my own eyes.  There are thousands in warehouses and I don't see them going EOL anytime soon.  Also, there are still many Robie's out there.  You just got to know where to look.  Instead of picking up 4 last week I only got the 2 because the other boxes had a little too much shelf-ware.  I still may pick up those two if they are still around in July.  As all of you know the holidays are crazy on ebay and I've sold damaged items for more than the non-damaged ones so I'll definetly be visiting those shelf worn Robies every week just to say hello.