ebay buyer wants refund for item not delivered by Christmas!

kenchu2000

I get there from the site map at the bottom of each eBay page.

Site Map

Blocked Biider/Buyer List

That doesn't block their communication, however - Betsy's instructions will get you to that option.

I agree with Bold-Arrow, by the way. There are two sides to every story, and I wouldn't be interested personally in adopting other people's "blocked bidders" to my own list. There are enough newer sellers here who might be partially or totally at fault, there are no doubt some sellers here who are not up to my own standards, and also sellers who might not share my particular customer service values -- taking these bad experiences at face value might very well cost me business with a perfectly rational (in my world) buyer in future.

Also, don't be shocked if eBay does away with the blocked bidder list at some point. On Amazon, for example, sellers just have to deal with everyone who is in good standing with Amazon, and can't block particular buyers - I am mildly surprised eBay hasn't gone that way already, especially with all the buyer tracking (to catch habitual offenders) they do these days.

I agree with Bold-Arrow, by the way. There are two sides to every story, and I wouldn't be interested personally in adopting other people's "blocked bidders" to my own list. There are enough newer sellers here who might be partially or totally at fault, there are no doubt some sellers here who are not up to my own standards, and also sellers who might not share my particular customer service values -- taking these bad experiences at face value might very well cost me business with a perfectly rational (in my world) buyer in future.

I obviously agree with justafrog and Bold-Arrow :)

Also, don't be shocked if eBay does away with the blocked bidder list at some point. On Amazon, for example, sellers just have to deal with everyone who is in good standing with Amazon, and can't block particular buyers - I am mildly surprised eBay hasn't gone that way already, especially with all the buyer tracking (to catch habitual offenders) they do these days.

There will be a riot if eBay go this route.  Some sellers depend on this as the last defense against bad buyers.  Then again, considering how many big box stores eBay have courted lately, they may care even less about the little sellers in not so distance future :(

• 2 weeks later...

First, I don't know what everyone has said already, so if I am reiterating something, I'm sorry. Second, I'm glad you have no problem with it. I would though, because I always ship as soon as I receive payment, if they waited for payment, then it is the buyer's fault for not paying and thus receiving it sooner. Also the shipping was really out of control this last Christmas, so it may not necessarily have been your fault. Third, there is no ultimate standard for who pays the return shipping. Unless it was a huge order, it shouldn't have been too costly, so I would say just deal with it, and the buyer will likely be more courteous with you if you are generous with her.