Upset customer, grrrr.

Funny how our experiences are all over the map. I have never been able to drop my packages and go. I was told many times that I had to wait in line and wait for scans. Many times they weigh and measure too. Then I found out about free pick up and never looked back. Don't know why anybody would not use free pick up. I am so thankful, I usually head out and help load the truck. Mailed a few hundred packages this year from first class minifigs up to 8 pound $400 sets and haven't had anything bad happen yet. One miss scan that had me sweating---but it worked out fine

I dont use the pick up option because most of my sales are 6 oz or less, and I ship first class. Also, its near my day job and I stop after work. My tax guy told me if I am dropping off shipments after work, I can write off mileage from my home to the post office and back. Since I am already travelling that way, might as well go for it. I have an 8 mile commute one way to work, and when I drop off a package I can write off 7 miles each way.

Heck, during normal slower months if I have two standard delivery packages, I will ship the closer one the second day just so I can get more post office trips. :-p

One reason I haven't used USPS pickup is because I already receive a ton of packages, and I don't want to burden the delivery person with outgoing packages too.  I know; I know...I'm such a nice guy. 

I always have daily exchanges with my mail person - This season USPS has been stopping by a couple times a day. Once for the regular mail, and twice if they are delivering morning packages to the neighborhood (they will come by to see if I have any ready to ship out). I do make a point of always trying to go out to the truck when I hear it coming. They are a part of your business, so it helps to express an appreciation for their hard work.

Not 100% sure cause we have not tried this either but I think you can print a scan list and have the PO scan one sheet and it will scan accepted for all your packages. I am pro USPS but do wonder why they act like you have done something wrong if you bypass the drop bucket to get something with a label scanned. We have just said we need a receipt that it is accepted it works with one or two but they maybe dont do it with multiple packages this is what the scan list would be for.

Believe me I'm puzzled as to why they act like we are doing something unreasonable. I used to just drop the packages off at the desk like they suggested. Or in the drop box. But after I found they didn't scan the packages at all for days I decided I'd ask them to do it when I dropped it off. It seems like they are just covering themselves because they are slow and lazy. I'm sure the manager did institute something to keep them from scanning packages to cover up his/her incompetence in getting the PO running properly. Every other PO I've been to in the area will scan the package with a smile. It's just too bad that they are too far for me.

Guest TabbyBoy

I sold another 6868 Hulk set today and this guy wanted it delivered by tomorrow regardless of cost.  Since the Royal Mail don't deliver on Xmas day and the post office closed at 13;00 today, I got a quote from a bike courier....

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm not sure if this is the fault of USPS or not but, 6 out of the last 15 parcels that I have sent from the UK to the US have still not arrived after 6 weeks.  I understand customs check items and hold them for a few days but, I've never seen anything as bad as this.  Has anyone else experienced this when posting to the US?  I regret to say that I have no choice but to limit sales to Europe & Asia only for the time being where I've not had a single lost item in the last 94 shipments.  I'm an experienced international shipper (not just eBay) and rarely had a problem until last month.

In reading this thread I'm shocked at the number of sellers who actually GO to the post office.

I worked out a deal with my postman. I just leave a note and he picks up when I have packages going out, whether it's Priority or not. It works out for both of us since he gets paid and I don't have to leave the house. And he's seen a lot of me the last few weeks.

No need to knock all union employees for a few bad ones. I see you run a toy store. Just because Toys r Us has a reputation for being a rip off, does that mean you should as well. I love my USPS. And no, I have never worked for them.

Then I'll do it.  Unions suck.  I'd rather pay double than work with Union thugs and thieves.  

• Like 1

I'd also tell the dumb B#$%#^ that EVERYTHING she buys has been marked up. People sell stuff to make money not to be nice to her.  I'd tell her to go spit and when she left negative feedback I'd put right under it why she left negative feedback.    Then I'd kindly place her number in one of those calling services. 

I have a good one right now. Sold a UCS Xwing to a guy in France. Since the day I sent it, to be fair, USPS has screwed up the tracking. It is extremely late on all scans and is taking a long time to get there.

It left Miami on its way over on the 22nd. It hasn't updated since - which is pretty normal for international shipping - plus there were at least 1 day of holdiays in there.

He messages me this morning:

"The USPS tracking hasn't updated. Please call USPS and see where the package is. It needs to get here before I have to open a paypal case".

Does this person really think I have any power over USPS? Feeling like this might end up being my first negative if it doesn't get there quick.

Then I'll do it.  Unions suck.  I'd rather pay double than work with Union thugs and thieves.  

You already are paying double with a union. They have to pay the lazy union reps to do nothing. I have a buddy who's brother is a third shift union rep. He does NOTHING but sit and play games on the computer. $28/hr with no education or experience. It's not the employees it the UNION's that are to blame.

I think most people know my thoughts on USPS so Ill spare you.

But I will say that its weird the disconnect between offices on the drop box. I went to one while i was in Branson, MO and they told me they HAVE to scan everything in. I told them I had never not been able to just drop stuff off and they said "This is the way its done everywhere".

I said "Have you ever been outside this town? I totally did this yesterday in another town on my way here"

His reply "well they are doing it incorrectly".

Who knows. But I love being able to just walk in and dump my crap. If they would only start it for international I would never stand in the post office line again.

You can do international online. I just sign all sheets and place in plastic.  Drop everything off at UPS and usps picks up around noon everyday. Never had an issue

You already are paying double with a union. They have to pay the lazy union reps to do nothing. I have a buddy who's brother is a third shift union rep. He does NOTHING but sit and play games on the computer. $28/hr with no education or experience. It's not the employees it the UNION's that are to blame.

do they really need third shift union reps?

Wait you drop it off at UPS? My stuff always says you have to bring it to a window at USPS

Yes I have a UPS store about 3 blocks away. Never had an issue. You print out the forms, keep the one and stuff the rest in the plastic sleeve. Only thing is you have to make sure the correct shipping date is marked and obviously sign each form.