what gets me mad!

Dark Helmet

I'm confused. Your first post indicates you left feedback for them and are mad they haven't reciprocated. Your last post indicates you haven't left feedback for them and won't until they do. Which is it?

I am guessing that from now on he won't leave feedback until they leave him feedback.

Previously, as a seller, I had waited to give feedback until I recieved it from the buyer.  I was seeing feedback to myself lag quite a bit, so I started leaving it for the buyer when they paid. Guess what, it has made no damn difference.  I would say about 10% of buyers leave feedback anymore.  Luckily, I've been on ebay long enough that I have a big score, so it doesn't matter a whole lot, but it hurts those that are trying to build up a score.

I am guessing that from now on he won't leave feedback until they leave him feedback.

Exactly. My first post was that I had left it for a seller and didn't get any back. My other post was stating that I wont be doing that anymore and I will just wait till the seller leaves feedback first.

I leave mine in large droves.

I'm the same way but unfortunately there are people who are just "to busy" to take the 20 seconds to leave feedback. They want to sit back and collect all the money but have no interest beyond that.

You are right - One thing to add to be fair:

Ebay's feedback system is, in the words of Scottish Chris Farley on SNL, "CRAP!".

It would be awesome if you could select all of them, put the same thing in and leave the same ratings - something more automated.

Or even better - if the buyer hasn't left feedback in 60 days, auto positive is left. I guess maybe that could be abused though.

Their ratings are stupid too. Shipping handling time kills me. I have gotten low ratings in it from people who got their package within the timeframe. To me, if it arrives when you say it arrives, auto 5 stars.

And why are those the most important categories?

Either way - Ebay needs a feedback overhaul so I can't put all the blame on buyers. I would leave feedback quicker if I could have a template and just click "item ruled" or "seller is a bozo".

Ebay's feedback system is, in the words of Scottish Chris Farley on SNL, "CRAP!".

I hate to call you out on this, but it was Mike Myers, not Chris Farley that did the Scottish Grandfather.  I believe the bit was reprised in "So I Married An Axe Murderer"

I hate to call you out on this, but it was Mike Myers, not Chris Farley that did the Scottish Grandfather.  I believe the bit was reprised in "So I Married An Axe Murderer"

Oops - it was Myers - call me out, lol. Farley got headbutted causing mass amounts of bleeding:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgzfxs_if-it-s-not-scottish-it-s-crap_shortfilms

as a buyer oftentimes i don't leave feedback because the transaction wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. i don't want to leave negative or give a low DSR so i just do nothing. 

I understand if there were some problems but if you pay right away and have no issues they should be required to leave feedback

I've been writing a short note on my packing slips thanking the buyer for their business and then mentioning that they can let me know via feedback that they are happy with the transaction, and that once I hear from them via feedback I would leave them feedback in turn. Doesn't always work but it feels better to me than begging for feedback. And it kinda puts the ball in their court. If they want feedback leave me feedback first. I've found that fast shipping and a good packing job goes a long way too.

This usually turns into the usual "as a buyer, all I have to do is pay and I deserve positive feedback." This isn't true. What if you are a pain in the ass every step of the way because the USPS didn't scan your package every step of the way and then delivers it two days later than they should? What if after receiving the item you try to black mail me by threatening negative feedback if I don't refund some portion of your payment over something silly? In my opinion, the transaction isn't over until the buyer has received the item and is satisfied. The best way to let a seller know the transaction is complete is by leaving them feedback. I used to leave feedback immediately after payment and it resulted in more issues and no difference in feedback left by the buyer. To each their own, but there's more to the transaction than just paying.

I understand if there were some problems but if you pay right away and have no issues they should be required to leave feedback

Nobody is required to do anything .. it goes both ways sometimes the buyer doesnt leave feedback .. sometimes the seller doesnt leave feedback its just how ebay works and the faster you realize that the better you will be off selling on ebay

Nobody is required to do anything .. it goes both ways sometimes the buyer doesnt leave feedback .. sometimes the seller doesnt leave feedback its just how ebay works and the faster you realize that the better you will be off selling on ebay

I am yet to see a seller not leaving feedback....

This usually turns into the usual "as a buyer, all I have to do is pay and I deserve positive feedback." This isn't true. What if you are a pain in the ass every step of the way because the USPS didn't scan your package every step of the way and then delivers it two days later than they should? What if after receiving the item you try to black mail me by threatening negative feedback if I don't refund some portion of your payment over something silly? In my opinion, the transaction isn't over until the buyer has received the item and is satisfied. The best way to let a seller know the transaction is complete is by leaving them feedback. I used to leave feedback immediately after payment and it resulted in more issues and no difference in feedback left by the buyer. To each their own, but there's more to the transaction than just paying.

A buyer's shenanigans don't matter on eBay - you can't tell the world about them since all you can give are positives and you can't leave a "negative sounding" positive, so I personally never see the need to wait.

I also don't see the need, however, to go into rhapsodies over my buyer in feedback comments ("Best buyer ever! Paid! Didn't set my house on fire! Awesome!!!"). I simply leave "Thank you for shopping with Genteel Frog". It's akin to a store owner telling me "thanks!" as I walk out the door with the stuff I just bought. He has no idea if I'm going to be back two days later to return it, or if I am going to go tell all my friends that his store sucks, he just says "thanks!" anyway without worrying about it.

DNIM, you can leave automated feedback - you can set it to either leave it when the buyer pays, or when the buyer leaves feedback. It's available at least through Selling Manager Pro, which I get for free at my level of store subscription, and I know it's also available by subscription for a fee, so you might look into that.