Lego Movie Sets at Lego LEGO Shop at Home

belljohn

They all just look so hodge-podge and thrown together to me...I mean, I get the style I guess but it doesn't appeal to me. Reminds me of time cruisers and how scattered and unorganized those sets felt - I get the same feeling looking at these lego the movie sets. My son and I will still go see the movie, but I'm staying away from these sets...

• Like 1

Did you guys see that gigantic Metalbeard ship? It has almost 3000 pieces and looks incredibly detailed...I'm getting more and more excited about this line as the movie's release nears :)

That set is the only one that gets me excited - just the sheer size of the thing makes it awesome! Plus I like the lego ships...!

Good luck with that.

Why don't you think these sets will ever go on sale? These aren't exclusives. They aren't on the do not discount list.

At some point, either when the movie hits next month, at DVD release time, or near close out, these sets will go on sale. And if they don't, I'm fine with that. Since it's only the two sets that I'm interested in for a collector stand point, that's fine. I'm always going to be a small time investor, so if I miss the boat on these because I won't pay full price, that's fine, too.

Why don't you think these sets will ever go on sale? These aren't exclusives. They aren't on the do not discount list.

At some point, either when the movie hits next month, at DVD release time, or near close out, these sets will go on sale. And if they don't, I'm fine with that. Since it's only the two sets that I'm interested in for a collector stand point, that's fine. I'm always going to be a small time investor, so if I miss the boat on these because I won't pay full price, that's fine, too.

I know there aren't exclusives except for two I can think of (Rescue Reinforcements and I'm guessing MetalBeard's Sea Cow). I just feel like the film hitting theaters next month on the 7th is going to be such a huge hit that the only way these will hit any kind of clearance is if retailers are somehow backed up with stock to the point where they would need a quick sale to move it even quicker. Just an odd sense in my gut that these will sell so well they won't even reach a discount. Also doesn't help as I have yet to see a movie related item go on sale in relation to theatrical or home release from my viewpoint.

I know there aren't exclusives except for two I can think of (Rescue Reinforcements and I'm guessing MetalBeard's Sea Cow). I just feel like the film hitting theaters next month on the 7th is going to be such a huge hit that the only way these will hit any kind of clearance is if retailers are somehow backed up with stock to the point where they would need a quick sale to move it even quicker. Just an odd sense in my gut that these will sell so well they won't even reach a discount. Also doesn't help as I have yet to see a movie related item go on sale in relation to theatrical or home release from my viewpoint.

All good points, and it could certainly swing that way.  I do think that MetalBeard's Sea Cow is the set to get.  That's just such a really cool set, it will be worth picking up for the long term.

All good points, and it could certainly swing that way.  I do think that MetalBeard's Sea Cow is the set to get.  That's just such a really cool set, it will be worth picking up for the long term.

Agreed. For lack of a better pun, it truly is the 'flagship' of the theme. Also think Benny's Kraglizer spaceship will be a good one being classic Space and BIG.

i just happen to think its a hodgepodge of pieces thrown in a box

....That's kind of the point. :prankster:
  • Like 1

I like the sets.  I'm just not so sure the movie will do that well.  In a former life, I managed movie theaters for over 10 years.  January-March is dumping ground for studios to release their poo poo platters.  That and the fact that the trailer just seemed to be catered to AFOLs and not kiddies.....I have my doubts about its prospects.  Hope I'm wrong. 

I did a little research on these after buying most of them at TRU today with their deal.  It looks like there are three hard to find sets.  Are they exclusives?  Only TRU says so:

70813 - Rescue Reinforcements (TRU) - $70 retail (out of stock at both TRU and LEGO Shop at Home).  This is the only set out of stock.

70812 - Creative Ambush (Target) - $40 retail

70811 - The Flying Flusher (Walmart) - $30 retail

I don't see on Lego that these are "Hard to Find" or exclusives, but they are the only sets I can find at only one retailer.

I am definitely going to be on the look out for Flying Flusher since it is a 2 in 1.  Also, Rescue Reinforcements seems to either have the smallest run or most demand so far.

I like the sets.  I'm just not so sure the movie will do that well.  In a former life, I managed movie theaters for over 10 years.  January-March is dumping ground for studios to release their poo poo platters.  That and the fact that the trailer just seemed to be catered to AFOLs and not kiddies.....I have my doubts about its prospects.  Hope I'm wrong.

I'll admit I am ridiculousy bullish on The Lego Movie sets which could be more of my own collective nature than investing logic so I probably should tone it down some. Nevertheless, I do believe the film will be awesome sauce that shan't be soon forgotten. The Bionicle movies may be remembered because of the theme it revolved around, Clutch Powers was alright yet unmemorable, but The Lego Movie will be the definitive original brickfilm where the only thing to top that is a sequel.

I did a little research on these after buying most of them at TRU today with their deal.  It looks like there are three hard to find sets.  Are they exclusives?  Only TRU says so:

70813 - Rescue Reinforcements (TRU) - $70 retail (out of stock at both TRU and S@H).  This is the only set out of stock.

70812 - Creative Ambush (Target) - $40 retail

70811 - The Flying Flusher (Walmart) - $30 retail

I don't see on Lego that these are "Hard to Find" or exclusives, but they are the only sets I can find at only one retailer.

I am definitely going to be on the look out for Flying Flusher since it is a 2 in 1.  Also, Rescue Reinforcements seems to either have the smallest run or most demand so far.

Those exclusivities is what I read on Eurobricks. I can't confirm any for myself yet but at least Rescue Reinforcements is a definite Toys R Us special and could possibly be the most in demand of them all. (I'm guessing people really want those minifigures.)