Lego Movie Sets at Lego LEGO Shop at Home

belljohn

I thought I heard these sets will have two builds - the "wild" build and the regular build. I believe the plumbers truck will have instructions for a "typical" plumbing truck in addition to the attack vehicle. That will likely expand appeal for these, potentially to City AFoLs.

I thought I heard these sets will have two builds - the "wild" build and the regular build. I believe the plumbers truck will have instructions for a "typical" plumbing truck in addition to the attack vehicle. That will likely expand appeal for these, potentially to City AFoLs.

Ice Cream Machine, The Flying Flusher, Castle Cavalry, and Trash Chomper are "2-in-1" builds.

And interesting no "big" set - two $69 jobbies.

I don't know, an 859 part set sounds pretty big to me especially for $70.

70813_alt1.png

Did anyone catch the "Fabuland" t-shirt the girl is wearing? How about the Blacktron one on the guy?

Did anyone catch the "Fabuland" t-shirt the girl is wearing? How about the Blacktron one on the guy?

Oh man the Blacktron shirt is awesome, I completely missed that.  My want for this set just shot up 9000%.  I really hope the whole movie does a great job of honoring and/or making fun of the retro sets/themes.

Ended up buying 3 of these todat at TRU and 8 of the minifigs. Got the Glider Getaway, the Cuckoo Palace, and the Ice Cream Machine...effectively 25% off since I spent just over 100, and they were marked at MSRP.  Like 'em.

damn I didn't see the sets at my tru. I saw the minifigs though.

Theses are bizarre sets for AFOLs but I'm looking forward to get the Ice cream Truck and the Cloud Cuckoo Palace for their whimpsical colours.

Was at the LEGO store in Calgary on Saturday the 21st, still no sign of the Series 12 CMF. I'm waiting for them to come out BEFORE the new year so I can spend my $30 in giftcards. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it, with so many things moving on to greener pastures during december these come out. I'd really like to get one of each of the sets and store them away, but Unimog, FB, WVC and some SW sets going away I have my hands full and wallet empty :'(