9472 - Attack on Weathertop

I scored two of these at a local Walmart for $25.00, and at another nearby Walmart I cleaned out five more at $20.00 a box. I'm now sitting on 7 boxes that are impossible to not make money on, even if this turns out to be a dud (which I don't think will happen). The funny part is the Walmart closest to me in my own town has a full rack of them, coated in fine dust because they are STILL at full retail.

Most ToysRus are is are still selling these for $65

Agreed. I picked up two on two seperate days last week (for a total of four) at TRU with their "$20 off a Lego purchase of $100 or more" in-store promotion. So it knocked the per unit price down to $55 each before tax. Not too sure about this one. Four is enough for me.

• 4 months later...

Was at my local lego store yesterday and these were listed on sale at about $10 off. In my experience, anytime the lego store has something on sale, it's done. Glad I picked up 10 a while back for $35 each. Might be able to make some coin by Christmas. I also saw the Star Wars Old Republic battle pack and the Droideka battle pack on sale as well.

For some reason, I thought it was common knowledge that this one was heading out. Or maybe I was just hoping. Anyways, I'd try to grab as many as possible. Already listed as a retired product on LEGO Shop at Home USA. Even at MSRP, it will be a steal when it starts to appreciate, along with quite a few LoTR and Hobbit sets.