a moral dilemma

thombockerman

after waiting for tower bridge to be out a while, and reading the forum post all about it, I decided to order straight from lego about 3 months ago.

I receive the set in a box slightly larger than tb and it has air packages in it, which caved in the box.

I called lego and they sent a new one out right away, and I had the old one waiting at the door fed ex is supposed to pick it up.

still waiting for fed ex.....

what would you do?

So far fed ex has delivered several more packages to my house and the driver is kind of a jerk. I don't think they are trying to pick anything up. Seems lego forgot to ask for it back I don't have anything about it except the guy who I talked to said just wait and fed ex will come get it soon.

Oh and the new one has gotten wet in the meantime due to some water coming into my basement, just some wrinkling on the box but it's noticeable.

I basically have two sets that are kind of damaged here for the price of one and Lego seems to have forgotten about it. Would it be wrong to just keep them both

after waiting for tower bridge to be out a while, and reading the forum post all about it, I decided to order straight from lego about 3 months ago.

I receive the set in a box slightly larger than tb and it has air packages in it, which caved in the box.

I called lego and they sent a new one out right away, and I had the old one waiting at the door fed ex is supposed to pick it up.

still waiting for fed ex.....

what would you do?

They just mailed you another one without first receiving the one you are returning? Sounds very strange.

So far fed ex has delivered several more packages to my house and the driver is kind of a jerk. I don't think they are trying to pick anything up. Seems lego forgot to ask for it back I don't have anything about it except the guy who I talked to said just wait and fed ex will come get it soon.

Oh and the new one has gotten wet in the meantime due to some water coming into my basement, just some wrinkling on the box but it's noticeable.

I basically have two sets that are kind of damaged here for the price of one and Lego seems to have forgotten about it. Would it be wrong to just keep them both

The second one being damaged isn't TLG's fault and, yes, it would be wrong to keep them both when they sent you the second one trusting that you would return the first.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

depends on if you believe in karma.  material possessions aren't worth lessening my values.  If you're ok with it, keep it.  but since you asked I get the feeling you know what you should do.

My initial reaction to reading this:  :blink:

There is only one thing to do, and it is exactly what several members have already said: ensure that Fedex takes the box. Call them. Drive it to the nearest pick-up facility if your driver is a tool. As far as morals go, you no longer own that 2nd set. Lego gave you what you wanted, a brand new box, you`ve paid for only 1, that second box belongs to them only. Sorry to hear that the second one is wrinkled as you said, but that isn`t Lego`s fault. 

• Like 1

My initial reaction to reading this:  :blink:

There is only one thing to do, and it is exactly what several members have already said: ensure that Fedex takes the box. Call them. Drive it to the nearest pick-up facility if your driver is a tool. As far as morals go, you no longer own that 2nd set. Lego gave you want you wanted, a brand new box, you`ve paid for only 1, that second box belongs to them only. Sorry to hear that the second one is wrinkled as you said, but that isn`t Lego`s fault. 

Very Well said

Won't they charge you if they do not receive the first one back within a certain time frame?  I believe I have read this somewhere.  Also, did you request Lego to schedule a pick up at your house?  I have always had to schedule that myself or just drop the package off at a UPS or Fedex site.

I'll get ahold of Lego and have them create a return request for fed ex because it seems like it never happened. There's no sense in just mailing it to them unaware I suppose if they have no idea where it came from.

I'm wondering how much the value will be affected with the water wrinkling, I did not open it to see if the instructions got wet- does anyone know if they come in a plastic bag too

In a semi related story, just received a helms deep from amazon and the tape was pretty much open on the box. I checked for the mini figs and saw that 9 plastic bags all numbered were there. I opened the instructions bag to see how many are included and was satisfied.

Is the condition now new in box instead of mint in box?

I've been buying the Legos for like two years and have yet to try selling any online

• 2 weeks later...

Won't they charge you if they do not receive the first one back within a certain time frame?  

I dont know about TLG but that is defiantly how Amazon works

I'll get ahold of Lego and have them create a return request for fed ex because it seems like it never happened. There's no sense in just mailing it to them unaware I suppose if they have no idea where it came from.

I'm wondering how much the value will be affected with the water wrinkling, I did not open it to see if the instructions got wet- does anyone know if they come in a plastic bag too

In a semi related story, just received a helms deep from amazon and the tape was pretty much open on the box. I checked for the mini figs and saw that 9 plastic bags all numbered were there. I opened the instructions bag to see how many are included and was satisfied.

Is the condition now new in box instead of mint in box?

I've been buying the Legos for like two years and have yet to try selling any online

Your Helms Deep is no longer MIB because it is now open.  Just make sure when you list it you tell the buyer that so they don't try and return it on you.