Wolverine's Chopper Showdown will resurface.

Maybe not, but the title made you look didn't it? ;)  But seriously, I've been doing some thinking... I have been noticing lately how so many things are selling out everywhere.  Out of the 57 Lego items in my cart on Amazon, over 40 of them are sold out right now, which is unheard of any other time of the year.

I am starting to think that this is the case with Wolvie 6866.  Chances seem good that it is just sold out for the season, and we will start to see them again in abundance around late January.  Plus you never know with the way Lego has been doing things lately.  I still haven't gotten over the fact that they actually un-retired the Catwoman Catcycle City Chase.

Other than being gone from apparently everywhere, there is no other solid indication that Wolvering is EOL.  To go back to my earlier point, a LOT of stuff is gone from everywhere because it is Christmas time and Legos are a hot gift item.

I could be completely wrong about all this, but I am curious to hear if anyone else shares my view on this.  Does anyone else think we will see Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto showing up again???

Wolvie     = Definitely

Mags       = Better than average chance since he's in the next movie

Deadpool = ???? This is the only character that I DONT wanna see return. Deadpool makes this set solid gold. Two months ago I wouldve said its probably pretty unlikely he'll come up again in a set but the rumblings out of Hollywood are that FOX is wanting to bring the X-Force to the big screen. If you read comic books in the 90s then you know that you cant have an X-Force movie without 2 things; Cable and Deadpool....

No, I mean did anyone else see that set 6858 had the official "Retired product" status on LEGO's United States site?

Believe me Jackson, I didn't make that up.  I still have the screenshot I took of it on October 4th saying it was retired.  I would upload it if I could figure out how.  Lol.

Believe me Jackson, I didn't make that up.  I still have the screenshot I took of it on October 4th saying it was retired.  I would upload it if I could figure out how.  Lol.

I don't think you are making it up, but you may have been the only person in the world who saw it.

The Catwoman set is 20% off right now in store along with Orc Forge.  They are most likely getting rid of the last batch.

Orc Forge still? Irritating to hear that there are left overs that haven`t been "eaten" per se, after these past few months with a set like this. 

It was there at one of the Lego store in my area last Wednesday.  There were Orc Forges, Catwomans, Star War Calendars, and a 41999 kicking it on the selves. I doubt they are there anymore left though.  Took a pass since I spent a bundle on Funhouses and Minecrafts @ TRU and BN before I walked in there and everything else on the BF sales.  Between my house and my brother's, the 2 old ladies are going to kill both of us with all the Lego boxes sitting around.    

I wouldn't be surprised the factory had a bunch of spare purple motorcycles sitting around and and they just put the sets together to get rid of them.  Let's be serious, when will they have another chance to toss a purple motorcycle in a set.

Is it worth it to buy the catwoman?  I don't have any...

It depends what your goals are... There may not be a huge return on this, but if you are a casual or introductory investor who just wants to feel the thrill of watching your sets appreciate, then this is a great one to buy.  When people thought it was gone the first time, it went up to $20 pretty quickly.  I see no reason why that won't happen again once it is really gone for good.

Even if they are back in stock I doubt it will be very many places making it a pretty hard to find set. People have been buying thinks from me on eBay that are still in stock at target for $10 less but they probably don't know to look there or don't have a red card for the free shipping. I think this set will start climbing with just a small dip from the leftover stock.

I wouldn't be surprised the factory had a bunch of spare purple motorcycles sitting around and and they just put the sets together to get rid of them.  Let's be serious, when will they have another chance to toss a purple motorcycle in a set.

Throw it in a Friend's set and call it - Olivia's Crotch Rocket.

• Like 2