Overall LEGO Set of the Year - Brick Fanatics

BrickFanatics has released the results for their Lucky #7 LEGO Set Award: The Set of the Year. 

This year, 4 sets were in nominated by the 5 judges, therefore two votes for one set. That set was... 10232 PALACE CINEMA!!!!!

Congratulations to the 3 other sets that were nominated:

• 70709 Galactic Titan
  • 41999 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition
  • 70010 The Lion CHI Temple

It appears that modular-like buildings are the amongst the most popular LEGO products, last year's winner being the Haunted House. Any other sets you think should have, or could have won the award? I believe that the set has to be released this year (2013).

My nomination goes to the 10236 Ewok Village.

As a Star Wars fan, I felt it was my duty to nominate a LEGO Star Wars set, so I made a decision between the 75021 Republic Gunship and the 10236 Ewok Village. I think the 10236 Ewok Village set has a huge potential, similar to that of the Death Star, as it is both a great display set as well play set, with the huge variety of minifigures offered in the set. The design of the set was done remarkably, with the different forest elements, as well as great color coordination.

If this proves popular, I'll start a poll later on with the favorite BrickPicker nominations. :D

• Like 1

I have only seen the ewok village on display at the lego store, but I agree, it looks awesome. I don't know what else could come close to competing with it. I bought one for my son for Christmas during the triple VIP sale. I can't wait until Christmas morning so I can help him put it together. He will be stoked.

• Like 1

Actually, the Ewok Village is one of the most competitively priced Lego store items.

249.99 US at current exchange of approximately 10% (as the dollar has depreciated 3-4 percent in the last two weeks) results in 275CDN

The Lego store at 300 CDN is a lot better than a lot of places and as the dollar seems to be settling in the 90 cent range for the next year, buying one at retail (when a VIP bonus exists) is a much better buy than other exclusives, depending on taxation where you buy it.

Cheers!

To me the Lego sets need to be in their own respective weight (piece) classes for an accurate way to judge a set.  I do like the Palace Cinema in it's category.

Yes, BrickFanatics also did 6 other catagories of the Best Sets of the Year, with different price ranges, or piece ranges. I can't remember which. This is catagory #7 with the best OVERALL set.

I`d agree that Ewok Village is a far superior play set then PC, most everyone will in that respect I`m sure, but the better display IMO would be the Palace Cinema. I love the noir look and overall design of the exterior (interior could have used a bit more, at least level 2). Bit of a film buff myself though, so maybe that has some impact. Both are excellent sets. Now Orthanc is another story. That set is a beast!

On another note, Delorean won "best set under 35 pounds". No surprise there  :thumbsup:

Guest eightbrick

On another note, Delorean won "best set under 35 pounds". No surprise there  :thumbsup:

I know Deloreans are small cars but 35 pounds seems like a bit of a stretch. I'd say best set under 2500 pounds :lol: