The $10 gift card offered over BF and CM...

cissi

Legally/technically, it's a promotional card (aka coupon) and not a gift card (because you didn't buy it, it was given to you) which lets retailers put expiration dates on them. If you went into a LEGO store and actually bought a gift card, it would have a much longer time before expiration (and maybe forever depending on your local state laws).

They are smart. It is phrased as $10 LEGO PROMOTIONAL GIFT CARD not GIFT CARD.

I'm glad I only fell into this with two orders. I wonder how those guys getting 10 orders over $149 feel when they get their packages. I hope you can stack these ones so you don't need to place another 10+ orders within 1 month!

well, buying another set or placing another order is no longer free if we already took into account the discount when we did the math placing the orders on BF/CM. $10 over $149 is like 6.7%. If one already factored in this discount, then $10 is like the money in our pocket. So technically, the order we place isn't free. :P but yeah, if one didn't think of that 6.7% while placing his/her orders at the first place, then this $10s is free. =)  If this makes sense.

Called them and raised holy hell. Got a manager to add 200 points for each card i received (8) and was allowed to keep the GC.

this was a very shady tactic lego used. It is also against the law in NYS to have limitaions on GC. Lastly i found it funny that the cards they sent out had a from and a to. assume someone got that gc on christmas? theyd have 6 days to use it?

Called them and raised holy hell. Got a manager to add 200 points for each card i received ( 8) and was allowed to keep the GC.

this was a very shady tactic lego used. It is also against the law in NYS to have limitaions on GC. Lastly i found it funny that the cards they sent out had a from and a to. assume someone got that gc on christmas? theyd have 6 days to use it?

I will be doing the same thing and if it really had a To: on it, someone must of screwed up because that makes no sense.

Called them and raised holy hell. Got a manager to add 200 points for each card i received (8) and was allowed to keep the GC.

this was a very shady tactic lego used. It is also against the law in NYS to have limitaions on GC.

Legally/technically, it's a promotional card (aka coupon) and not a gift card (because you didn't buy it, it was given to you) which lets retailers put expiration dates on them. If you went into a LEGO store and actually bought a gift card, it would have a much longer time before expiration (and maybe forever depending on your local state laws).

Hey! I learned how to use multiquote!

The $10 from tru was not called a gift card.  It was buy something now...get $10 to spend for the next week after.

I didn't know it was a limited time coupon, and  nobody here said that.  Must have been some fine az print....I missed it.  There is only 1 reason for an expiration date on anything...the person whom provided it wants it used or thrown away at a certain point in time. Most consumers want freedom of choice.  If they were offering a $10 coupon to be used during a 2 week period--they should not have called  it a gift card....and mentioned the dates prominently like tru did.