Dolphin Cruiser. Buy now, sell now.

kerrmando

Planet Walmart! I can't pay them to take my money. Tried creating multiple online accounts, using multiple types of payment, online and store pickup, per the customer service rep's suggestion over the phone. Can't get an order to go through. I'm able to check out and I get a confirmation email, but half an hour later I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. What gives Walmart? Take my money!

Me too! They keep saying they had problems processing my payment. Ive tried six different credit cards and a debit card. I have no problems using the cards anywhere else. Ive talked to the credit card companies and they say the cards are fine. Whats the deal Walmart?????

Me too! They keep saying they had problems processing my payment. Ive tried six different credit cards and a debit card. I have no problems using the cards anywhere else. Ive talked to the credit card companies and they say the cards are fine. Whats the deal Walmart?????

I have the feeling that's the polite way for Walmart to say I know you are a reseller and don't want to sell to you.

Has Walmart ever indicated they mind people buying from them for resale? First I've heard of it (and not just in toys, I know a fair few DVD and game sellers who buy heavily at Walmart clearance to resell on eBay).

I don't think most big boxes care what you're doing as long as they're making money. I used to buy the used video games from Best Buy and immediately trade them in to the same cashier...

The way I figure it is this:  even if I'm only making $20 per DC (after all fees), this set will be available much longer through 2014...why not capitalize on a hot item now for christmas...make 30-50% margin and I can always stock back up on DC's again later for the long term?

• Like 2

CB, are you looking just at eBay's Sold listings on their site, or using Terapeak?

I was just looking at eBay's sold listings. Now that I hear what you have to say, the number probably is close to 55-60 a day. That's a very nifty pieces of information you shared though. I've never thought about that.

I was just looking at eBay's sold listings. Now that I hear what you have to say, the number probably is close to 55-60 a day. That's a very nifty pieces of information you shared though. I've never thought about that.

Cool - I was sort of hoping that was the case for our flippers -- and as Ed pointed out a day or two ago, next week is typically a ridiculous week for online sales (we go to shipping twice a day to try to keep up, historically), so good luck to all!

Planet Walmart! I can't pay them to take my money. Tried creating multiple online accounts, using multiple types of payment, online and store pickup, per the customer service rep's suggestion over the phone. Can't get an order to go through. I'm able to check out and I get a confirmation email, but half an hour later I get an email saying my order has been cancelled. What gives Walmart? Take my money!

Yup walmart playing games with me saying hulk breakout in stock!??!?!?! and than I get canceled emails all day long at 6 different walmarts now!

It's crazy, how can people sell this DC on ebay for under $100 shipped and still be able to make decent profit.

I can make about only $10 if I do that, not worth my time.

WEll if you powersell on ebay ... $10 here and there .. doing 100 packages a day at $10 profit each  .. it adds up. But like you said if this is the only thing you plan on selling than yes not worth it

Guest TabbyBoy

First of all I thought it was ridiculous that LEGO were introducing girlie sets so, I didn't take them seriously at first - how wrong I was!

First of all I thought it was ridiculous that LEGO were introducing girlie sets so, I didn't take them seriously at first - how wrong I was!

Probably... hoever in my country and my friend in another EU country sees alot less Friends purchase than Tolkien, Castle (generic) City.... Super heroes and to some extent Friends are not doing amazing in some country... but I think its the same everywhere... some themes rock some suck lol

Guest TabbyBoy

In stock at amazon   2 per order--multiple orders are taking.  Full retail though.

I'm just going to hang on until the next good sale and then buy a boat load (pun intended).  Last time Argos reduced them from

Probably... hoever in my country and my friend in another EU country sees alot less Friends purchase than Tolkien, Castle (generic) City.... Super heroes and to some extent Friends are not doing amazing in some country... but I think its the same everywhere... some themes rock some suck lol

It isn't just your country. It seems like the Friends sets barely move here. In fact, it is easily my worst seller personally and while the Dolphin Cruiser does look cool, outside of the odd nut job paying well above retail the set is at about the retail mark on ebay. 

Guest TabbyBoy

It isn't just your country. It seems like the Friends sets barely move here. In fact, it is easily my worst seller personally and while the Dolphin Cruiser does look cool, outside of the odd nut job paying well above retail the set is at about the retail mark on ebay. 

Please let me know if any of these go half price in Oz as I have contacts at Qantas cargo who owe me a big favour and I'll only have to pay VAT on arrival, thanks!