ebay lego seller; your thoughts....

Lateral-G

I found a Lego set on ebay for a great price that I want to get my daughter for xmas. It's well below MSRP Here are the particulars: 1. The seller has been an ebay memebr for over a year but only has 37 feedbacks (with a 97.4% rating) 2. His feedback is on some multiples of recent Lego sets (Haunted House, Battle of Helm's Deep, Sopwith camel) that he is selling for well below MSRP and with free shipping. 3. He's sold over 5 of the set I want plus he says he has more than 10 in stock. (he just sold the one listed I had been watching) 4. He has one negative feedback for a Monter Haunter House for not shipping it. 5. He does accept returns (or that's what his listing says) 6. He offers free shipping I've only been burned once on ebay but I did get my money back. I'm wondering where he got multiples of these sets and how he's selling them so cheap. What are your thoughts? Stay away? Proceed with caution? Is he drop shipping using stolen credit cards?

Veegs, Dropshippers are people who don't actually have the item in hand. When you order they place the same order with some store/warehouse whatever to purchase the item and send it directly to you. This can mean that a dropshipper just knows where they can get a lower price and you don't. Or, it can mean that they are using stolen credit cards to purchase your item and ship it to you. Since it is being shipped to you the authorities will come after you. But, you can usually provide evidence showing you bought it from someone else who was doing something wrong. You may need to return the item as it is illegal everywhere to receive stolen goods. But, if you have used Paypal you probably will get a refund. If it happens to you too much then you might still be punished. Never happened to me. I've just had people sell me things they never had or never shipped to me!

I'm kinda new - okay, very new, but what the heck is a dropshipper - and how does that get you banned on Lego.com?

From what I understand, a dropshipper is a person who sells items for another person, who is the supplier. The supplier uses stolen credit cards to buy items directly from LEGO.com and has them shipped directly to the buyer's address (at least that's how it worked for me). So for example, I bought a few Yellow Cargo Trains (7939) from an eBay seller at a price significantly below retail. That seller then forwarded my information to his supplier who used a stolen credit to send the set directly to me from shop at home. I was blacklisted because my address was the one linked to the credit card. I called customer service and explained the situation and they removed me from the blacklist, but said if it happened again the blacklisting would be permanent.

Thanks for the heads up - so far, no ebay purchases, so I'm in the clear, but good to know. If a deal is way too good to be true...

I think you hit the nail on the head...If a deal is too good to be true, avoid it, especially if it is a new LEGO set that is still being sold on LEGO S@H, Amazon, etc...These EBAY sellers have no connections to get good deals way under MSRP, so you know they are crooked in some way. Stolen credit card. Stolen item.

That being said, EBAY is still an excellent place to buy LEGO sets and to find great deals. EBAY's protection plan for buyers is second to none, so you can feel safe buying something on EBAY.

Here are the particulars:

1. The seller has been an ebay memebr for over a year but only has 37 feedbacks (with a 97.4% rating)

Man I hope I dont have a problem when the times comes to sell some of my sets on ebay......I have only have 40 feedbacks, 20 selling, 20 buying all positive (100%) which is really low and might scare away some buyers, but like someone said everyone has to start somewhere.

Man I hope I dont have a problem when the times comes to sell some of my sets on ebay......I have only have 40 feedbacks, 20 selling, 20 buying all positive (100%) which is really low and might scare away some buyers, but like someone said everyone has to start somewhere.

Selling is always an issue. If you show valid pictures, you won't have an issue selling a LEGO set. Using the EBAY generic photos is a big warning to me if the seller has low feedback.