Amazon Prime - Air?

exciter1

Funny.  I imagine that with a 25 minute battery life and a top speed of 15 mpg, these deliveries could happen if you live across the street from an Amazon facility.  Would be fun to shoot some of these down, though.  Try making some deliveries to the hood.  You will never see them again.

• Like 2

If Jeff Bezo can make that work, he might as well buy up all the Walmarts, Targets and liquor stores with his over-inflated stock then turn them all into distribution centers.  I would love to have these drones send me bottles of scotch through my window within 30 minutes.  

Well this is truly game changing. It will be interesting to see how Amazon's share price reacts tomorrow. When Air becomes available it will be the end of big box retail as we know it. Fedex and UPS will also be quaking in their boots. Also interesting is the set top box they are working on to provide ala carte streaming of media. Say goodbye to cable and dish. I love how Bezos is grounded enough to know Amazon won't last forever as well. 

This is certainly interesting but they are definately going to need bigger/stronger drones to ship most goods as that yellow container barely looked large enough for a battlepack esque sized set. I honestly keep seeing some yokel sitting in their front yard taking potshots at each one that flies past.

I'm wondering how they're going to keep them from maiming toddlers and household pets who might be hanging out on the front porch. Our Jack Russell Terrier would strenuously object to airborne invaders and try her best to take it out.

I had an English Bulldog who I know would have loved to 'play' with one of these drones if given the chance. He more than likely would have run head first into the fence in an effort to get the damn thing. Dumbass.... :rofl:
  • Like 1