LEGO rare minifigs - When it looks too good to be true, it usually is

exciter1

Over the past 3 days or so, I've exchanged about 15 emails with this guy (not from my primary email account).  I've been trying to corner him into letting me know what he's willing to sell and how can I meet up with him to get these figures for the prices he has described in the listing.  He's been very short with his answers and not very willing to cooperate to meet me in person.  I keep telling him I'd travel there to buy them, since he revealed the location is about 3 hrs away.  He then always turns it around to him not being able to meet me at my location, even though I keep telling him I'd travel to a public location in his hometown.  Once I told him which figures I want and how much (basically all of them), he said he can't meet me until next weekend, even though it's in his hometown.

I knew this was scam from the get go and he's trying to get people to PayPal or send him money.  Most of the pictures on his listing are from past Ebay auctions.  Just thought I'd share, since he's promising the moon in the listing.

http://zanesville.craigslist.org/tag/4183829527.html

Over the past 3 days or so, I've exchanged about 15 emails with this guy (not from my primary email account).  I've been trying to corner him into letting me know what he's willing to sell and how can I meet up with him to get these figures for the prices he has described in the listing.  He's been very short with his answers and not very willing to cooperate to meet me in person.  I keep telling him I'd travel there to buy them, since he revealed the location is about 3 hrs away.  He then always turns it around to him not being able to meet me at my location, even though I keep telling him I'd travel to a public location in his hometown.  Once I told him which figures I want and how much (basically all of them), he said he can't meet me until next weekend, even though it's in his hometown.

I knew this was scam from the get go and he's trying to get people to PayPal or send him money.  Most of the pictures on his listing are from past Ebay auctions.  Just thought I'd share, since he's promising the moon in the listing.

Looks like a scam to me. Hope no one falls for it.

I just found that this listing is in my local area, but the strange part is that it looks very similar or exactly like this listing. Probably the same listing, and it is starting to look more like a scam. Link.

I just found that this listing is in my local area, but the strange part is that it looks very similar or exactly like this listing. Probably the same listing, and it is starting to look more like a scam. Link.

Yes, totally looks like the same guy and he formatted his text number and email almost exactly the same.

He specifies credit cards and Paypal in your link.