BRICKPICKER MEMBER # 20,000!!!

Ed Mack

http://statstool.com/www/brickpicker.com

I should have put a smiley----I knew there were a few more than 100 here!   Part of research on lego investing...is knowing how many Investors there are, how many new investors are being minted...at least we can get a small idea by page views of various investing sites/blogs.

Since we don't and can't learn the product float.  Other than the crawler.  First investment I have ever tried where you can't know the product float, who the owners are, where they are.....nor possible future minting of product.  It's mostly gut feeling, and guesses based  on past performance.  And you know what they say about investing based on past.....ah who cares.   A  least it's fun..   Site is growing exponentially.  

Guest eightbrick

That is absolutely amazing! Bravo Ed and Jeff! To put things into perspective, it has taken Eurobricks about a decade to get to about 35,000 members, and Brickset 16 years to get its current 65,000 members who use the site's function. You've gotten 20,000 in what, 3 2 years? Pays a real testament to the grandiosity of what you've made guys. I think a big round of applause is in order.

Guest eightbrick

I wonder how these websites even exist.  I think there may be 2 pieces of information that are correct on that page.

I was going to point out the Alexa rankings (you guys score pretty well on that compared to other Lego sites in traffic) but they aren't really that useful. They only collect data on people who install the Alexa toolbar so not a very good data sample.

I am guessing page views is right, that is all I am curious about. 

Maybe as part  of premium membership you can tell us how many unique page views per day.  Fat chance I know!  

We can guess what the top 5 before bp and post bp sites are visited by folks...and I bet 25% of us have bp open simultaneously with ebay and craigs.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/brickpicker.com

That is absolutely amazing! Bravo Ed and Jeff! To put things into perspective, it has taken Eurobricks about a decade to get to about 35,000 members, and Brickset 16 years to get its current 65,000 members who use the site's function. You've gotten 20,000 in what, 3 2 years? Pays a real testament to the grandiosity of what you've made guys. I think a big round of applause is in order.

Now that this number is public I wanted to take the opportunity to let the whole site know that this whole thing was my idea. Everything started around 2 years ago when I noticed the high prices of UCS  sets on ebay. I posted a newspaper ad asking for a programmer and a LEGO analyst that were related and had a pretty long last name as well (but only if you could shorten it and make it more..."commercial" (Mack)". These guys answered and have been working for me ever since :)

You can stop pretending you own the site guys, you knew this time was coming sooner rather than later...

• Like 2

I am guessing page views is right, that is all I am curious about.

Maybe as part of premium membership you can tell us how many unique page views per day. Fat chance I know!

We can guess what the top 5 before bp and post bp sites are visited by folks...and I bet 25% of us have bp open simultaneously with ebay and craigs.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/brickpicker.com

No that's not right. I was talking about my name and pobox is right. I really don't know where they get some of the numbers. I guess we make $90 a day :)

• Like 1