Creator 2014

TheOrcKing

Only the first queston is multiple choice.  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite Creator sets for 2014? (Select all that apply.)

• Red Thunder
    • Power Digger
    • Emerald Express
    • Sunset Speeder
    • Highway Cruiser
    • Forest Animals
    • Twinblade Adventures
    • Furry Creatures
    • Turbo Quad
    • Mountain Hut
    • Maersk Triple-E
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Yellow Racers
    • Roaring Power
    • Bike Shop & Cafe
    • Fairground Mixer
    • MINI Cooper MK VII
  2. 2. If you could only pick one, what would it be?

• Red Thunder
    • Power Digger
    • Emerald Express
    • Sunset Speeder
    • Highway Cruiser
    • Forest Animals
    • Twinblade Adventures
    • Furry Creatures
    • Turbo Quad
    • Mountain Hut
    • Maersk Triple-E
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Yellow Racers
    • Roaring Power
    • Bike Shop & Cafe
    • Fairground Mixer
    • MINI Cooper MK VII
  3. 3. How would you rate this year's selection in designs?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Okay
    • 4 - Fine
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Nice
    • 7 - Great
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Amazing

I also saw the Mountain Hut at Walmart. I was surprised because I could not find the set on S@H, while I could find most of the other Creator sets.

I think it's funny all the different sets for next year that I have already found between Walmart & Target these past couple of weeks. The Hobbit and Ninjago stuff I expected but Creator, Friends, DC Super Heroes, I had not. If I wasn't more preoccupied on finishing getting caught up with the older sets (especially many at discount) then I would have gladly walked out with the new stuff that day.

I think it's funny all the different sets for next year that I have already found between Walmart & Target these past couple of weeks. The Hobbit and Ninjago stuff I expected but Creator, Friends, DC Super Heroes, I had not. If I wasn't more preoccupied on finishing getting caught up with the older sets (especially many at discount) then I would have gladly walked out with the new stuff that day.

I always stay away from new stuff that is released early like the sets you are talking about. I am always looking for the older sets that are about to retire so I can grab a few of those sets before they retire.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I finally managed to find a pic of the "Bike Shop & Cafe" and as eightbrick said it appears to be a half modular in a way which is just awesome! Now hopefully Lego had the sense to stick an actual freakin' baseplate in there. I'll be :ireful: if there isn't. Mark my words, there will be Hell to pay! :bug:

Bikeshopprelim.jpg

Guest eightbrick

Alright, I finally managed to find a pic of the "Bike Shop & Cafe" and as eightbrick said it appears to be a half modular in a way which is just awesome! Now hopefully Lego had the sense to stick an actual freakin' baseplate in there. I'll be :ireful: if there isn't. Mark my words, there will be Hell to pay! :bug:

Bikeshopprelim.jpg

Wasn't that in the link I posted in the City thread? Nevermind I remember now you said those didn't work for you. Before I thought it was a half modular too but now I think there is a chance it might be bigger because looking at the other photos, this guy is not to handy with a camera (whether they were intentionally cropped or not to get rid of the watermarks I don't know). Because I can't imagine just that and the car amounting to 1000 pieces. It looks like the cafe, so the bike shop is probably the one next door that isn't in the picture maybe? I like that they are doing the smaller modular thing but it doesn't seem nearly on par with the real modulars unfortunately.

Wasn't that in the link I posted in the City thread? Nevermind I remember now you said those didn't work for you.

Not your fault. It's either my browser or Imageshack being a butt; take your pick.

Before I thought it was a half modular too but now I think there is a chance it might be bigger because looking at the other photos, this guy is not to handy with a camera (whether they were intentionally cropped or not to get rid of the watermarks I don't know). Because I can't imagine just that and the car amounting to 1000 pieces. It looks like the cafe, so the bike shop is probably the one next door that isn't in the picture maybe? I like that they are doing the smaller modular thing but it doesn't seem nearly on par with the real modulars unfortunately.

At this point, I think it was rather deliberate for whomever to take these shots so badly. Who knows? It's all a conspiracy! Haha. Anywho, I'm with Veegs on eagerly waiting to see what the rest of the set looks like as it seems to use some of the neat techniques the large modulars utilize.

Guest eightbrick

At this point, I think it was rather deliberate for whomever to take these shots so badly. Who knows? It's all a conspiracy! Haha. Anywho, I'm with Veegs on eagerly waiting to see what the rest of the set looks like as it seems to use some of the neat techniques the large modulars utilize.

44843712.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting concept, but not to keen on the set design. Maybe because it feels somehow lacking in comparison to the full sized modulars. Obviously it`s intended to be to a smaller/scaled down version, but honestly it looks kinda dwarfed in comparison, not in a good way. Basically someone has to ask the question, "Why would you buy this, when you can spend a bit more for the real deal?

Maybe it will grow on me, but who knows. Looks disappointing more than anything else, not terrible, just disappointing. 

Interesting concept, but not to keen on the set design. Maybe because it feels somehow lacking in comparison to the full sized modulars. Obviously it`s intended to be to a smaller/scaled down version, but honestly it looks kinda dwarfed in comparison, not in a good way. Basically someone has to ask the question, "Why would you buy this, when you can spend a bit more for the real deal?

Maybe it will grow on me, but who knows. Looks disappointing more than anything else, not terrible, just disappointing.

When the two buildings are closed, they look good but not so much when open as they are here. I like the ideas with their little accompanying details; however, I am not a fan of the hinged opening walls bit and what it does to the build. There isn't a single 1x4 brick or anything longer because they shortened the walls to fit with that darn hinge scheme. All I see is a bunch of 1x1's & 1x2's; not the most useful for creating an actual building. Plus I can never really fit my hand into the floors of these kind of structures since all I end up doing is either hit the roof or floor, and don't even get me started on no baseplates yet again. Just you watch, any of the 16x32 baseplates will get more valuable by the day seeing how Lego won't use them anymore unless it is the big modular house sets (if even then).

Anyway, I love the idea with this and want to see similar designs down the road but Lego should have them more setup like the larger modular houses with removable floors instead of hinged walls and use a couple 16x32 baseplates.

It's smaller than Medieval Market Village that was 2 similar buildings, and it was $99.99, so I would expect 79.99, maybe?

I believe that was the suggested retail I have seen posted elsewhere.

since this is creator 3 in 1 series, there're two other builds. From the fuzzy picture model 3 may be more impressive as a single shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a much better although still somewhat grainy close up of the Bike Shop & Cafe set. You can see the alternates in the corner as usual of other Creator sets. Honestly though, this is one set that looks better when closed instead of wide open but then again I don't care for hinged builds such as this. I prefer removable stacking floors and roofs....and baseplates. Anyway, the two alternates are supposed to be an auto repair shop followed by a flower shop.

31026_main.jpg