75004 - Z-95 Headhunter

sadowsk1

My kids wanted this one for the minifigs (Pong Krell specifically). The ship sits on the shelf, doesn't get much play time. The missile launcher was cool for the first 10 minutes.

I've been able to move it without the minifigs in eBay lots and the minifigs have sold pretty strongly, though the 501st trooper's (sw445) value is anchored to set 75002 rather than this set. The clone pilot has fetched some decent prices at times but doesn't move that fast.

• 3 months later...

I think you answered your own question. From my personal experience, I have had a hard time making any decent profit on anything other than original trilogy, even if purchased at a substantial discount. Maybe in a few years when the kids who grew up with the prequels and clone wars have more disposable income these sets might sell at a premium, but for now they are a tough nut to crack.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, the z-95 is a bit different from other Clone Wars sets in that the ship itself first appeared in Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy from the early '90's (set a few years after the events of ROTJ).  It was also included in the X-Wing computer game from the mid-90's.  Thus, it has a place in the expanded universe of the original trilogy.  Now the average person probably wouldn't know this but a diehard Star Wars fan should.  I think it's pretty cool that they made one and even though I haven't seen the Clone Wars 'toon I still associate this ship with it's earlier appearances. It would have been a much cooler set IMO if the figures had been either OT characters or characters from the Zahn novels though but it could still end up doing better than other Clone Wars sets.  Time will tell.

• Like 2

I`d get it to part out. Sell the minifigs if you can, that will recoup most of your money at $30, then see what you can get for the ship. Just as a personal rule, I buy any Lego at 50% off, excluding things like Chima raiders/speedorz/etc. This isn`t always an absolute, but most of the time you just can`t lose  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The only part I don't particularly care for about the set is Pong Krell despite being a well-made minifigure. Other than him, the ship and other two characters are pretty cool. Also, the bit of backstory I recall coming across states that technically the Z-95 Headhunter is the spaceship that eventually became the current X-Wing we all know from the original trilogy.

• Like 1

The only part I don't particularly care for about the set is Pong Krell despite being a well-made minifigure. Other than him, the ship and other two characters are pretty cool. Also, the bit of backstory I recall coming across states that technically the Z-95 Headhunter is the spaceship that eventually became the current X-Wing we all know from the original trilogy.

That's how I remember it too.

Hmm I would have thought the pong krell minifigure would be worth the most!

He is, with the 501st Clone Pilot in at a very close second. He still is my least favorite part of the set although I do like the printing on his torso and legs. Come to think of it, if I just remove his head, I can use the torso and legs for some other character in my collection.

He is, with the 501st Clone Pilot in at a very close second. He still is my least favorite part of the set although I do like the printing on his torso and legs. Come to think of it, if I just remove his head, I can use the torso and legs for some other character in my collection.

Not to hijack this thread but can somebody give me a quick explanation of this 501st stuff and what it means to star wars collectors? I have seen it mentioned a few times as being a good selling point and they seem to be in more demand than other clone stuff.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I understand it the Asda Direct stuff comes from their warehouse so if the particular branch has them in stock and wants to get rid of them will will mark them down.

The answer to your question is pop into your local and have a look at what they have on the shelves. Supermarkets are always looking to get rid of stuff that has had a long shelf life so that they can make room for new stuff.

For what it's worth I picked up 4 of these at