Polybags at Target for Christmas 2013

TheOrcKing

Thanks Orc King! They just put these out at my Target--exactly these three. They are with the seasonal items in the stocking stuffer section of the store. I am a sucker for those trains so I picked up two.

Thanks so much for posting this.  Popped into Target tonight and picked up 5 of the trains.  They had all 3 sets, but I already have the ice cream stand and I'm staying away from the TMNT.  If it weren't for this site, I would never have thought to check in the seasonal section for Legos!  Many thanks!! :D  :goodjob:

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I did not find a single one of these polybags at my Target and I had looked everywhere beside their typical seasonal section just yesterday. It still is early in the month of November so I am sure they will get these in by the following weeks. I already have a couple of the Ice Cream Stand and would just like some of the other two.

Or one of these trees! Whatever happened to these? Why are we forced to build all our trees from scratch now? (I'm talking about you Olivia's Newborn Foal, Mia's Puppy House, etc, etc)

There are a few recent sets with those classic trees like the Pink Suitcase includes one in lime. (Only one of that type in that color too.)

tmp_image.png

This large pine and small pine are still being used but rather sparingly (holiday sets & brick tubs).

2435.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna post a thread on this but I'll just ask here. What do you guys think are gonna be the winners out of the three that have popped up in the Target 5 dollar and under bins (X-mas train, Ice cream stand, Kraang)??? For sure all three are gonna be marked down something fierce on the 26. Which ones will everybody be concentrating on??? I myself plan to buy out every single train poly at my 5 Targets and maybe pick up 40 or 50 of the Kraang poly. Dont know anything about the ice cream stand...

Was gonna post a thread on this but I'll just ask here. What do you guys think are gonna be the winners out of the three that have popped up in the Target 5 dollar and under bins (X-mas train, Ice cream stand, Kraang)??? For sure all three are gonna be marked down something fierce on the 26. Which ones will everybody be concentrating on??? I myself plan to buy out every single train poly at my 5 Targets and maybe pick up 40 or 50 of the Kraang poly. Dont know anything about the ice cream stand...

I would say that the X-mas train will do the best. The Ice Cream Stand was a LEGO Shop at Home promo I think, and I am not so sure about the Kraang. It is from TMNT, and I am not sure how TMNT sets will do in the future.

Unless you can get the Kraang for at least 75% off, I wouldn't waste my money on it.  It's been distributed in sufficient numbers that it is not likely to rise in value enough to make it worth your while.

Roger that. Same go for the ice cream stand???

I generally stay away from polys at full price unless they are super hero sets at TRU and will only be available for a few weeks.  At full price, a poly would have to hit somewhere around $12 after it hits EOL to make it worth it after fees and taxes. 

This is the second time Target has gotten the ice cream stand. They had it a few years ago and lego also had it for a promo recently.

We're they a good seller after the initial run with Target sold out???

I generally stay away from polys at full price unless they are super hero sets at TRU and will only be available for a few weeks.  At full price, a poly would have to hit somewhere around $12 after it hits EOL to make it worth it after fees and taxes.

I would never buy any poly at retail and only plan on biting after they go on clearance...

This is the second time Target has gotten the ice cream stand. They had it a few years ago and lego also had it for a promo recently.

Sorry, I could not let you get away with false information.  This poly was released in 2013 (http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=30106-1).  So there was no way you could have seen it a few years ago

ETA:

I have no idea as I wasn't collecting legos when I saw it back then.

That explained a few things :)

Sorry, I could not let you get away with false information.  This poly was released in 2013 (http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=30106-1).  So there was no way you could have seen it a few years ago

ETA:

That explained a few things :)

Maybe it was the beginning of the year. I don't really remember. It seems like a long time ago!

Edit: I looked it up and it was apparently a jan 2013 release. It sure seemed like a few years ago!

Like I said in the main post, this is the second time Target is offering the Ice Cream Stand polybag. Add in the fact Shop-at-Home also gave it away for a month, plus I recall seeing a Friends book compilation (three sticker books together) with that polybag, therefore I don't see too bright of a future for it at the moment unless you can purchase it at a heavy discount.

The Christmas Train would be my top priority followed by Kraang Laser Turret. First one is seasonal and was available at the Lego Stores last year while the second from TMNT was previously only found at Toys R Us in limited quantities so I would imagine both doing well in due time. If the action figures flyin' off the shelves are any indication, the Turtles are gonna be big!

There are a few recent sets with those classic trees like the Pink Suitcase includes one in lime. (Only one of that type in that color too.)

This large pine and small pine are still being used but rather sparingly (holiday sets & brick tubs).

2435.jpg

I`ve always loved those little trees. No they aren`t very detailed in comparison to MOCed ones, but they`ve always held a special place in the hobby for me. Not entirely sure why though, just really like them. 

• Like 1

The Friends poly is currently selling on Amazon for $9.19 through FBA. If gotten at 50% off you could make a decent profit. And since it's not a holiday themed item this will sell well throughout the year, rather than just when people are thinking about Xmas.

Maybe not an investment, but definitely flippable.

I agree. It is definitely flippable, but fees take away a big chunk of your profit, so I would go for at least 75% off before I would be buying a lot of them for flipping.

• 3 weeks later...