For all of you who didn't order from Walmart

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

Have a feeling you will still get deals. Watch Ebay and Craigslist - these sets are gonna be up there soon for close to half off. Gonna be a lot of people who grabbed stuff and don't care except to flip it for 20$

Could be wrong, but I forsee some constitution trains and Pirate Ambushs, etc. for about $60 or less.

Thoughts?

I'd expect there are going to be some folks who made a smart bet with the rent money and will do some quick eBay flips with this stuff. Others who can have funds tied up longer will be able to hold longer.

End of the day, though, even with the great scores made by some here and some not here, it's not going to have much, if any, impact on the Lego market, short or long term.

• Like 1

I'd expect there are going to be some folks who made a smart bet with the rent money and will do some quick eBay flips with this stuff. Others who can have funds tied up longer will be able to hold longer.

End of the day, though, even with the great scores made by some here and some not here, it's not going to have much, if any, impact on the Lego market, short or long term.

I hope you are right - from someone actively selling these sets and parts from them that just got tanked.

I am gonna seriously be on the lookout. Black gates would be the best. Scoring some of those for like 40$? Lol

From what I saw, many of the sets that were discounted were nothing special.  It's not like people were getting SSDs or Tower Bridges at $10.99.  I really don't see much effect on anything.

Thats true - assuming those Orthancs don't ship for the 10.99.

I don't think it will last long - but if a lot of people are able to get them, I feel like we will see some quick flips around. I have thought about it with a few of mine. I got 5 Wargs - don't think its that great, so I might just flip a few for $35 and take the 10$ profit. Lol

I personally think all of the orders will be cancelled.  I also don't think that anyone who ordered these sets did anything wrong.  If it was a computer glitch, they should honor the prices and fix the glitch.  If they were hacked, which nobody has any proof of that, then I have no issue with them cancelling the orders.  

bill-gates-businessman-quote-life-is-not

• Like 2

I personally think all of the orders will be cancelled.  I also don't think that anyone who ordered these sets did anything wrong.  If it was a computer glitch, they should honor the prices and fix the glitch.  If they were hacked, which nobody has any proof of that, then I have no issue with them cancelling the orders.  

bill-gates-businessman-quote-life-is-not

I am absolutely with you.

However, I don't think Bill gates Has any standing to say "Life's not fair, get used to it". He has like 70 billion dollars. Lol

I don't think it will last long - but if a lot of people are able to get them, I feel like we will see some quick flips around. I have thought about it with a few of mine. I got 5 Wargs - don't think its that great, so I might just flip a few for $35 and take the 10$ profit. Lol

The only people who received anything were items that they picked up.  I don't think many(if any) on-line orders will go through, so that would negate the more exclusive sets.

Just make sure you ask the sellers to pack the LEGO sets properly.  These may be their first LEGO listings. There is a good chance some will just slap the shipping address on the LEGO box and call it good.

IMO, the biggest deals went to those folks getting electronics and such.  Average Joe waking up and seeing this on SD didn't say, "Ooh deals on LEGO", he said "Oooh deals on TVs and Computers".

Legos probably went to brickpickers and those who peruse Lego sites and found out about it.   My opinion anyway,

IMO, the biggest deals went to those folks getting electronics and such.  Average Joe waking up and seeing this on SD didn't say, "Ooh deals on LEGO", he said "Oooh deals on TVs and Computers".

Legos probably went to brickpickers and those who peruse Lego sites and found out about it.   My opinion anyway,

I agree.  I am probably one of the few who went for the Mega Bloks Pelican?

Someone on another forum said their orthanc order was shipped. They had rush delivery.

A couple Goblin King's have already shown up for almost 50% off

This was also $54 at target awhile back and it was available for awhile so that couldn't have helped the price.

edit: I must be doing this wrong but doesn't multiquote usually put all the quotes in one post?