Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Here's a "deal" that might interest some, it could be particularly good during the November / December mass retirement of sets. Combine it with a 20% sale and there will be some bargains to be had:

http://www.myer.com.au/p/christmas-club/?cm_mmc=Email-_-11%2f03%2f2015%20Tactical%20Type%201-_-Cross%20Company%20--_-offer%201%20Register%20Now

Agree, hopefully they have some sets that are actually worth picking up.

I suppose it comes down to wanting to tie up equity.

Hi there,

I wanted to ask (if anyone has any memory of it) about the 2014 LEGO Advent Calenders, last year well over 1,000 of the Star Wars and almost the same of the City advent calenders were sold on eBay between October and November. Is there that kind of demand for them, or was there some kind of eBay deal that made them sell that well? Would it be right to say they essentially wouldn't sell well ongoing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Solaris,

Hopefully I can answer your question, the reason we were able to move that quantity of Advent Calendars during that time was due to picking them up for around $20ea from Amazon (which is now a thing of the past due to the exchange rate).

We're a funny bunch in Australia with Seasonal sets staying exactly that - Seasonal.

With LEGO bringing out new versions of the calendar every year the only one that would appreciate over time would be the Star Wars due to having Christmas themed minifigs.

Hope this answers.

- Lucifer

Here's a "deal" that might interest some, it could be particularly good during the November / December mass retirement of sets. Combine it with a 20% sale and there will be some bargains to be had:

http://www.myer.com.au/p/christmas-club/?cm_mmc=Email-_-11%2f03%2f2015%20Tactical%20Type%201-_-Cross%20Company%20--_-offer%201%20Register%20Now

i couldn't see what is in the link????? seems to redirect to myer but all i got is a empty webpage from myer. Any chance of describing what the deal is about. Picking is getting thin on the ground....hopefully mid year toy sale will have something to look forward to.....

Hi Lucifer, thanks for your reply (unfortunately there's a delay in my reply post due to them requiring approval) I wonder if that sort of volume in advent items is generally annual, i saw MrToys sold most with a few hundred of each but did wonder if it were simply because there was an eBay deal that really boosted the volume. Most of the volume was over 6 days or so around the 8th November!

Interesting sets!

When I say marketing scam, you have to join the christmas club. Initially they state $10 for every $100 saved. Do they think we are stupid.

Yeah I'll give it a miss, I have about $200 in reward gift cards for myer and really want them to get an exclusive so that I can burn through it.

Hi Lucifer, thanks for your reply (unfortunately there's a delay in my reply post due to them requiring approval) I wonder if that sort of volume in advent items is generally annual, i saw MrToys sold most with a few hundred of each but did wonder if it were simply because there was an eBay deal that really boosted the volume. Most of the volume was over 6 days or so around the 8th November!

Interesting sets!

I can't remember there being an eBay promotion (but I may be wrong). It was probably due to people preparing for their Christmas Shopping and becoming aware of the Sets.

I'm quite new to this, so a quick question for the more experienced sellers.

How have the older LOTR/Hobbit sets performed after retirement? Is there much demand for these themes in the Australian market.

Have just picked up an Orthanc during double VIP for personal use, but am wondering if it is worth grabbing a few more. 

Thanks!

How have the older LOTR/Hobbit sets performed after retirement? Is there much demand for these themes in the Australian market.

Have just picked up an Orthanc during double VIP for personal use, but am wondering if it is worth grabbing a few more.

Thanks!

The only profit I have made with LOTR/Hobbit was The B. escape and that was because it was discounted at 50# at LEGO Shop at Home.

Can't comment on ToO, but the best thing would be to ascertain your market, how many LOTR fans (die hard) are there in our market. How long will you hold them for? How many competitors will you have for the market share.

Doing a sold search on eBay now, will give you an indication of how many sets are selling now (regardless of price).

Thanks!

When you say picked up, do you mean it literally, or figuratively? I'm guessing the latter, as double points just started today.

Will ToO be a good investment in Aus? It is an exclusive, so probably but do your research before buying more.

I think that I'll grab three before the end of the month.

Not a heap of sales on ebay but sealed sets have sold for more than RRP and given that it is the last LOTR set standing who knows how long it will be around for.

It is an appealing looking set (to me at least) and have no doubt that at some point down the line there will be new AFOLs (LOTR fans or not) who come across this online and decide that they must have it.