Lego Sets to buy before end of 2013

Due to The Lone Ranger tanking at the box office is it safe to say that the Constitution Train Chase or the Stagecoach Escape may not be around for two years?  I think now is the time to buy if there is a good sale.  I believe these two sets will be investment winners.  I also like The Silver Mine Shootout.  I think it is a unique set and it may go EOL before the Constitution Train Chase and Stagecoach Escape, if these two stick around longer than I expect them to.

Guest TabbyBoy

Due to The Lone Ranger tanking at the box office is it safe to say that the Constitution Train Chase or the Stagecoach Escape may not be around for two years?  I think now is the time to buy if there is a good sale.  I believe these two sets will be investment winners.  I also like The Silver Mine Shootout.  I think it is a unique set and it may go EOL before the Constitution Train Chase and Stagecoach Escape, if these two stick around longer than I expect them to.

Colby City Showdown is currently heavily discounted on Amazon UK so its days may be numbered too.  Since the film bombed, I'm not investing in the theme currently at any price as I believe film success = set success. (sorry!).  It'll be the train if anything for me.

Is it just me that think captain america sets are not going to do well? I mean, I certainly hope they do well for you guys but I dont see why people like it so much...

There's only one set that has Captain America, that's why it's almost a certainty that it'll do well.

Is it just me that think captain america sets are not going to do well? I mean, I certainly hope they do well for you guys but I dont see why people like it so much...

It's just you.  This set (6865) is already profitable for anyone who bought it at retail or less.

• Like 1

They already have been giving a fantastic return. Whether it will continue or slow down remains to be seen. 

There's only one set that has Captain America, that's why it's almost a certainty that it'll do well.

For now.....

Lets start a list of EOL sets at the end of 2013 that we should start invseting in before its to late!

- Tower bridge

- Fire Brigade

- Olivia Funhouse

- Helms Deep

... ect

Just curious, do you have a reputable source for FB's EOL timeline ?  People have been saying "this year will be the last year for FB" since at least October 2011

Not to go off topic too much, but I take it that the general consensus is to sell Captain America now? I bought mine expensive ($17) because I couldn`t find any for cheaper, and didn`t want to miss out entirely. If I sold, maybe I`d clear $5, which wouldn`t be terrible at ~30% profit. What do others think?

Not to go off topic too much, but I take it that the general consensus is to sell Captain America now? I bought mine expensive ($17) because I couldn`t find any for cheaper, and didn`t want to miss out entirely. If I sold, maybe I`d clear $5, which wouldn`t be terrible at ~30% profit. What do others think?

Not necessarily. I think it will go higher. My worries were this:

1. Everyone offloading them at Christmas

2. New Captain America Sets pushing down the worth of the figure.

If you are in them that much, I would say let it ride for a while. I sold most of mine because I got half at 10$ and the other half at $6

Not necessarily. I think it will go higher. My worries were this:

1. Everyone offloading them at Christmas

2. New Captain America Sets pushing down the worth of the figure.

If you are in them that much, I would say let it ride for a while. I sold most of mine because I got half at 10$ and the other half at $6

Ok thanks for the suggestion! Would be nice if Lego is going to make another, if they made a variation rather then a copy. That would surely preserve most of the value. I`ll hang on to them for now  :thumbsup: