Tree Stand Promo? Yes. Store Employee Minifig? No.

Curtis

Guest eightbrick

I'd just love to see a graph stating RRP per set per country.  I may make that a project one day.

I'm actually working on one of these for a blog article. Figured it might help this discussion from spilling everywhere lol

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm actually working on one of these for a blog article. Figured it might help this discussion from spilling everywhere lol

Please do as I'm done commenting on this now. ;-)

Are you kidding? The UK has exclusive promos all the time- the tabloid polybags and Olympic minifigs to name a few. UK taxes are also notoriously high. To say that you suffer is a gross exaggeration. Try living in Australia. 

And if we in Australia have a whine, we only need to look at New Zealand.

Guest eightbrick

Aren't there some poly bags we don't get access to?

Nothing is coming to mind in recent history. There were the exclusive to Japan ones in the 90s to 2000s and then Robin's cycle but that is coming to the US now too.

And if we in Australia have a whine, we only need to look at New Zealand.

I was thinking about that this morning looking at the price of the SOH in New Zealand and Australian dollars (I think it was 499 and 399 respectively). That said isn't the Australian dollar worth a bit more? I remember it being like 1.15 NZD or something.

I agree that in the end it is unfair for those of you in the UK. And yes, you are right. TLG seems to favor the U.S. with extra promos more often. I hope that the future brings a change to this practice. Perhaps conversations like this will show TLG that our friends in the UK and other nations deserve the same opportunities. What a weird coincidence with the name!

The way LEGO decides who it bestows extra freebies on is really not playing fair. If a special deal is on offer surely they should make it world wide and available to everyone good enough to spend their money with them. But if they see America as their best source for profit, so be it, I'll invest my money on moon rock instead. Solid performances with multiple applications. Pity it only comes in grey/gray.  :rofl:

I'm only a collector.....I have one employee Minifig....and one crawler! The day I start selling Lego will be the end of my collecting.

Er... why? A fair number of collectors find they can build their collections for free, or at least at a much reduced cost, by selling some extras on the side. Seems pretty sensible to me.

Guest eightbrick

Us buyers haven't been able to buy hawk eye or quinjet polybag...Yet..

True (just looked these up). Again, exclusives to just one (or two in Hawkeye's case) country. But seriously, a couple polybags are nothing when you have to pay inflated prices...

Guest TabbyBoy

The main threat to all of us is when the Chinese factories are in full swing and China can post to the West cheaper than we can post to the next town. The EU, US & China have dirt cheap shipping deals sewn up. I just hope that Chinese quality is crap!