Tree Stand Promo? Yes. Store Employee Minifig? No.

Curtis

Just received my Winter Village Market from LEGO Shop at Home this afternoon. It's the only purchase I've made with LEGO Shop at Home since Double Points this past Spring. Any purchases we want to make with TLG we just go to the local store. My wife thought the Store Employee Minifig was "cute" and worth trying for so we ordered. Got the Tree Stand promo, didn't get the Minifig. Bummer.

What's ironic is that I actually used my iPhone to place the order and I had read here on Brickpicker that the Minifig was to celebrate the new mobile ready website. HA!

For those that like to speculate, let me know if you have any questions about my order that might help you determine if they are out of stock or whatever. I can tell you that the order seemed to originate in Mississippi if I recall the tracking info correctly. I am also a VIP member and spend more $ than I should, as reflected by my points balance. I do get a catalogs with coupons, but missed out on the Valentine red minifig.

I'm pondering a 2nd order, but can't decide if double points and a possible Minifig is worth it, or just wait for Brick Friday to snag the other Winter promo. Let me know what you guys think.

Curtis

Just received my Winter Village Market from LEGO Shop at Home this afternoon. It's the only purchase I've made with LEGO Shop at Home since Double Points this past Spring. Any purchases we want to make with TLG we just go to the local store. My wife thought the Store Employee Minifig was "cute" and worth trying for so we ordered. Got the Tree Stand promo, didn't get the Minifig. Bummer.

What's ironic is that I actually used my iPhone to place the order and I had read here on Brickpicker that the Minifig was to celebrate the new mobile ready website. HA!

For those that like to speculate, let me know if you have any questions about my order that might help you determine if they are out of stock or whatever. I can tell you that the order seemed to originate in Mississippi if I recall the tracking info correctly. I am also a VIP member and spend more $ than I should, as reflected by my points balance. I do get a catalogs with coupons, but missed out on the Valentine red minifig.

I'm pondering a 2nd order, but can't decide if double points and a possible Minifig is worth it, or just wait for Brick Friday to snag the other Winter promo. Let me know what you guys think.

Curtis

I just got my order this aftrernoon as well .. I spent about $100 .. i got the star wars poly, christmas tree box, and 2x lego employee poly :)

I am at 30x Clone Troopers, 30x christmas tree stand box and like 15x lego store employee poly

Curtis

I got a ton of the employee. Pm me an address and I will send you one.

• Like 6

Guest eightbrick

I got a ton of the employee. Pm me an address and I will send you one.

Go around playing Santa like that and a hundred of these topics are going to pop up lol. But nonetheless, bravo! :)

Guest eightbrick

I'm sorry, but am I missing something? This wasn't an advertised promotion so people probably shouldn't be holding them accountable to some freebies they gave out on some orders (which is important to note because it was apparent from the beginning that the minifigure wasn't a surefire add on and some people got them others didn't). The tree stand thing I understand but this seemed to be just some splurge gift that Lego gave out to celebrate the mobile shop, right? There is no money back guarantee, and other than contacting CS (which probably won't be successful anyway because the promo isn't advertised) there isn't really anything one could do, save the generosity of our members here. (Can't give enough rep points to Coneil!)

I have placed six orders lately, all over $100.  Today the fifth of six came, and it was the first one that did not include the Lego Shop minifig.  I was naturally kind of disappointed, but as others have said, they did not advertise this or promise us anything, so I can't be all that upset.  It was nice while it lasted though.  Getting those

little guys was the equivalent of having another $10 bill in my pocket.  :)

I'm sorry, but am I missing something? This wasn't an advertised promotion so people probably shouldn't be holding them accountable to some freebies they gave out on some orders (which is important to note because it was apparent from the beginning that the minifigure wasn't a surefire add on and some people got them others didn't). The tree stand thing I understand but this seemed to be just some splurge gift that Lego gave out to celebrate the mobile shop, right? There is no money back guarantee, and other than contacting CS (which probably won't be successful anyway because the promo isn't advertised) there isn't really anything one could do, save the generosity of our members here. (Can't give enough rep points to Coneil!)

Hi eightbrick,

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not about to call CS about this. Sure, we were disappointed when we didn't find what many here have been finding in their shipments, but I get that it's not advertised and I'm reasonable enough to understand how it works. I was merely sharing our experience and contributing to the community. I know some here enjoy speculating so I thought it relevant. I've found this site to be an incredible resource when trying to be strategic with our purchases and figured that if someone like me is reading, then this experience might aid in their decision making.

Though I certainly wasn't expecting it, I am very grateful for the generous offer I received from Coneil and it just reinforces my desire to expose my children to the LEGO community as much as possible.

Guest TabbyBoy

Lego in the UK say "No and "No" - to me anyway.  I shredded my VIP card and annual Legoland pass last night and posted it back to them and told them to shove them and my

Guest TabbyBoy

Personally, I've done quite well from friends that work in a newsagent and at TRU of all places.  They're allowed to keep unclaimed freebies from newspapers and other promotions which account for the many hundreds I have which I've yet to sort out.  It seems like managers can't be bothered to return as it's just more cost and paperwork to do so... Put this in your pipe and smoke it, LEGO Shop at Home.

Personally, I've done quite well from friends that work in a newsagent and at TRU of all places.  They're allowed to keep unclaimed freebies from newspapers and other promotions which account for the many hundreds I have which I've yet to sort out.  It seems like managers can't be bothered to return as it's just more cost and paperwork to do so.  Put this in yout pipe and smoke it, LEGO Shop at Home.

I don't recall any US newspapers ever giving out free toys. Damn US newspapers!

Guest eightbrick

Hi eightbrick,

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not about to call CS about this. Sure, we were disappointed when we didn't find what many here have been finding in their shipments, but I get that it's not advertised and I'm reasonable enough to understand how it works. I was merely sharing our experience and contributing to the community. I know some here enjoy speculating so I thought it relevant. I've found this site to be an incredible resource when trying to be strategic with our purchases and figured that if someone like me is reading, then this experience might aid in their decision making.

Though I certainly wasn't expecting it, I am very grateful for the generous offer I received from Coneil and it just reinforces my desire to expose my children to the LEGO community as much as possible.

I get you, sharing of experiences is a great thing about this site (sorry if my comment offended you in any way that wasn't the intention). I just took a double take when I saw this topic because I was like "isn't this like the second one in two days about promos missing from shipment? What?" (at the time I thought it was another Tree Stand one). Well, if you want some speculation, here are some of my thoughts:

a. The giveaways work like a lottery sort of, the computer tells them on every (insert number) order  to give out a fig.

b. They just ran out of stock

c. Simple mistake and they forgot to add one

These topics can sort of turn into the usual region inequality thing but other than that are as you said interesting and a great place to hold discussions. Good luck.

Guest eightbrick

Are you kidding? The UK has exclusive promos all the time- the tabloid polybags and Olympic minifigs to name a few. UK taxes are also notoriously high. To say that you suffer is a gross exaggeration. Try living in Australia. 

Not really. It's not every day that the Olympics come to your biggest city, so I thought the Olympic minifigs were a very fitting "gift" as it were to Lego lovers there, a single event. The tabloid thing is correct but they sell the exact same polybags in the US so I'm not sure why its such a big deal, plus they are cracking down on the people who got hundreds with the token system. The money they save on the polybags is nothing compared to the pricing differences they pay for the hundreds of normal sets that are currently available. Yes, Australia, some Asian countries and a lot of the countries in Europe have worse prices, but really, look at it from TabbyBoy's point of view. I'll tell you how it feels even to be a Canadian (we probably have about the next best pricing) when it comes to this topic. Bad. The great pricing debate is a big issue and needs to be discussed but Curtis was looking for feedback on his issue, not this. And telling a guy whose pretty much on peasant-worker level on the scale of pricing fairness that he's lucky not to be a complete slave sort of loses its taste when it comes from royalty.

Guest eightbrick

I'm getting a link to a search on some band called Pink Floyd?  Never mind its a video now... lol I don't get it but I can imbed it for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxd3pZAVHI

*Edit from Quacs* - Much obliged on the embed!  I still kinda stink at video embedding.

EDIT by eightbrick: that's okay. Just type [ media ] and then paste the link and then type [ / media ] (remove the spaces between the brackets, words and slashes)

Guest TabbyBoy

Are you kidding? The UK has exclusive promos all the time- the tabloid polybags and Olympic minifigs to name a few. UK taxes are also notoriously high. To say that you suffer is a gross exaggeration. Try living in Australia. 

Before I start the reply, what's the best price you can get a Helm's Deep for easily at a retailer near you right now?  The lowest is