NEW FEATURE: LEGO LOT CALCULATOR

Well if you can give me an example of how this would work the best, then I can look into adding something like that. What is the proper way (equation) split up the sets?

For sets purchased in lots, I would do it the way Eightbrick broke it out above if you were interested in adding that but for what it does currently, the calculator is great!

You could do it by MSRP or pieces I guess. Or by current value. ...

You could also do that by MSRP or Used Value or Piece Count. I think this is what they were suggesting.

This method would be perfect.  It's how I enter values in my own inventory system.  I would go with current market value as MSRP has the disadvantage of being based on the sets year of release so can look out of proportion if you have a mix or old and newer sets.

You could do it by MSRP or pieces I guess. Or by current value. Then just add them together, percentile them and apply that percent to the value paid.

For Example for current value, let's say you bought three new in box Batman (1) sets, 7884 Batman's Buggy, 7885 Robin's Scuba Jet, and 7888 The Tumbler. You paid 200 bucks total (what a steal!):

Price You Paid: $200

Value of 7884: $117.73 (25.915%)

Value of 7885: $138.67 (30.525%)

Value of 7888: $197.89 (43.560%)

Subtotal: 454.29

Apply to $200 Price Paid [(200)PercentValue]:

7884: $51.83

7885: $61.05

7888: $87.12

You could also do that by MSRP or Used Value or Piece Count. I think this is what they were suggesting.

Ok, take a look at the feature again.  You should see a spot to enter in your price paid and then you should see what each set would have cost you.  Let me know if this is what you were all looking for.

Well if you can give me an example of how this would work the best, then I can look into adding something like that. What is the proper way (equation) split up the sets?

You have a ratio for each set. So Set x divided by total lot value = <ratio>

Then you multiply the ratio by the total they paid.

Example. Lot worth $100 in your calculator. Set X is worth 25$. Ratio = 25/100 = .25

He paid 50$. So Set X = 50$ * .25 = $12.50

Alternate way than just taking the value and dividing by total number of sets. If you do that, you might have a death star for $100 and a battlepack for $100. Lol

Edit: Somehow I didn't see the next page of answers in the conversation. Ha.

You have a ratio for each set. So Set x divided by total lot value = <ratio>

Then you multiply the ratio by the total they paid.

Example. Lot worth $100 in your calculator. Set X is worth 25$. Ratio = 25/100 = .25

He paid 50$. So Set X = 50$ * .25 = $12.50

Alternate way than just taking the value and dividing by total number of sets. If you do that, you might have a death star for $100 and a battlepack for $100. Lol

Edit: Somehow I didn't see the next page of answers in the conversation. Ha.

Ok, but my point is I added the ability to see the breakdown in the tool.  I am asking if this is right and what people were looking for.

Ok, but my point is I added the ability to see the breakdown in the tool.  I am asking if this is right and what people were looking for.

Yeah I was behind.

Yes it is perfect. I put in a lot I got the other day - 5887, 5886, 5885, 5883, 5882 for $180.00. It spit out $265 and then gave me price for my sets.

I love it. This is gonna save me insane amounts of time. I love giant Ebay lots.

Only other part (and this is eventually, probably with the eventual brickfolio update) would be a way to import that straight into your brickfolio so you don't have to edit it by hand?

Only other part (and this is eventually, probably with the eventual brickfolio update) would be a way to import that straight into your brickfolio so you don't have to edit it by hand?

The tool will now tell you your profit or loss depending on what you paid for the lot/bundle.  If you enter in a value of what you paid, you will now see a button that will insert the sets into your brickfolio  It will enter in the price that was calculated by the system based on what you entered for cost of the lot.

The tool will now tell you your profit or loss depending on what you paid for the lot/bundle.  If you enter in a value of what you paid, you will now see a button that will insert the sets into your brickfolio  It will enter in the price that was calculated by the system based on what you entered for cost of the lot.

Now it is a masterpiece. Love it.

My god.  This thing is awesome.  I love it.  Its one of the coolest tools ever, seriously.   I love how it removes the text. I tried some doozy listings and it handled it very well.  I like entering numbers of what I paid to get an idea on how much profit I could make if the seller accepts the offer I may make.  Great job!

Guest eightbrick

Same here. Love it. I have been using a lot.

Nice pun whether it was intended or not :D What, no one else caught the "lot"? Get it, it's a lot calculator? No? Just me? Okay....  :shifty:

Same here. Love it. I have been using a lot.

Nice pun whether it was intended or not :D What, no one else caught the "lot"? Get it, it's a lot calculator? No? Just me? Okay....  :shifty:

How about this... The new feature does a lot of calculations in a short amount of time. It saves a lot of time.

Umm....naw. The original was better; less forced and more of an unintentional mistake. I barely give this a 2 out of 5. :negative:

Guest eightbrick

Umm....naw. The original was better; less forced and more of an unintentional mistake. I barely give this a 2 out of 5. :negative:

Am I the only one who scanned this sentence like 50 times for the word lot? Lol I can't tell if you are joking or not.

Am I the only one who scanned this sentence like 50 times for the word lot? Lol I can't tell if you are joking or not.

I was poking fun at comicblast's attempt using the word "lot" in his post a lot as I lay across my cot building the Lego I bought which I had long sought since prior I had nought. Yes, that whole rhyming bit came straight out of nowhere. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...