TRU canada 20% off selected Lego sets

lego rules

Will pick up some Unexpected Gathering at my local TRU, since it doesn`t appear to be online anymore. Shouldn`t be an issue, since the flyer states "all" but we`ll see. 

Does TRU Canada Ship to the US?

No they don`t. You wouldn`t want to pay Canadian prices anyway though  :thumbsup: Even with the "sale".

Interestingly TRU Canada is no longer listing Helms Deep or the Unexpected Gathering sets on the website. The first was expected but not the latter.

Maybe it will go EOL haha. I doubt that to be the case, but would love if it did happen. I`m going in store this afternoon to see. 

whaaat! I just bought orthanc at the lego store! is it comparable with the double vip and the christmas promo set though?

I would say it`s close. $225 with double VIP, then the value of the Xmas promo ($15 or so at the moment). Slightly higher, but nothing to be upset about. Are you planning to build it?  :D

Fair enough. It will likely be on sale again at TRU in the next year. Might even be a good candidate for special Christmas/Boxing Day prices. The other advantage TRU has over Lego Store is if you collect Air Miles. You can get those on top of the discount at TRU. Last year around Christmas there were lots of great sales/air miles combo offers. Some large Star Wars sets (podracers, gungan sub, obi-wan starfighter) were half off and you could get 50-100 bonus air miles on top of that. 

Helms Deep has sold out online at TRU.  Odd story...after getting some damaged boxes in the last delivery, I called and a rep told me they will give me a 10% discount on my next order if HD is available again.  So I was lazy and waited until today to call, the set was still in stock.  Supervisor approved to match the previous sale price of $89.87 + 10% off = $80.88 each before taxes which is great.  I wanted 2 more HD's.  So after confirming account details the rep said I'm so sorry, looks like it just sold out lol.  I'm not upset, just wasted some time.  It's TRU Canada but I guess the call centre is in southern US (stereotyping)...when I call it's always seem to be a southern accent, always very polite and formal. 

Anyways, HD's at $80.88 would have been very sweet.  Looks like this set is gone for good (at Lego.ca and TRU.ca).    

That would have been a great deal weakside. Mine arrived in less-than-stellar condition as well. I phoned, and they gave me $21 back on my Paypal. Not sure why they wouldn`t have done the same for you? It`s TRU, inconsistency is their 2nd motto (behind "higher prices then the competition). 

That would have been a great deal weakside. Mine arrived in less-than-stellar condition as well. I phoned, and they gave me $21 back on my Paypal. Not sure why they wouldn`t have done the same for you? It`s TRU, inconsistency is their 2nd motto (behind "higher prices then the competition). 

Yeah, I was hopeful they would offer me a similar rebate/refund/discount on my purchase instead of offering a shipping label to send back haha.  When I was on the phone my new order of 2 was good...than system update, sorry only one now sir...hurry with this order lady before it's gone!! haha.  I just knew by the time this lady was done I wouldn't get the last one.  Would probably be very beat up too if it was the LAST one.  I wasn't in a mood to 'push it' so just let it go...the rep said I had the patience of an angel + god bless me for understanding...what? lol.  It's just a toy :)  I'm sure these American call centres get a lot more angry customers than me.  There will be other deals.   

But I won't be returning my 3 HD's with some damage, even with a few creases and a small hole on one of them there will be a buyer and profit gained. 

That is true. Profits are obviously what count, and this set will be a winner for sure. Sold out on LEGO Shop at Home now, so it`s only a matter of time

Haha, what? That comment really is quite strange to say the least. "Angel?" Wow.  :laugh: Oh I can imagine about the angry callers. They must really have appreciate you not chewing some innocent lady on the other line up. That would explain the comment  :thumbsup: