Does it Irritate anyone else when people decline a "good" best offer with no explanation or counter?

Poor response and communication from a seller with a Best Offer is my biggest issue.

Exactly my point

Another option is he could have already received a higher offer than you gave and didn't feel the need to respond to yours.

This happens on Craigslist too - There's a local guy who sells a lot of stuff in my area, and always puts "or best offer" in their listing. One time he had a small set for $20 (used) which new was $25. I offered $15 for it, and I didn't get a response...

So if you're asking for 20 "OBO" - Are you hoping for $18? Seems not worth the time and aggravation to hold out for $3. 

But in general, this goes to a societal problem - where ignoring electronic communication has become the norm, not the exception. It is easy to ignore emails, phone calls, e-offers, etc, etc. I've even had apparently eager sellers kind of disappear for a few days when you're asking simple questions then suddenly show back up. In general, try not to let it get to you. Especially a lot of more or less "pros" I think kind of put that language in to make them APPEAR to NOT be pros. 

right. And here I just wish a seller would say -- I received a better offer - Or god forbid counter higher than his other offer. lol

I've always been on the end of refusing, but please keep in mind that when selling an item with "best offer" option, the seller is able to set it up with an automatic "no".  That way we don't get inundated with offers that we would turn down anyway.

Complain all you want, it just seems you start a lot of threads complaining about ebay.

And I have made infinitely more threads and Blog posts about the parts of Ebay I like. I just like seeing other peoples views that are not my own about different things on Ebay.

I was more pointing out that your comment was pretty much useless to the conversation, more just trying to call me out for complaining. And don't say thats not what you were doing, because otherwise why post?

You wrote a thread complaining about the effects of Brickpicker on what used to be a really easy way to make money. I see that as giving up in the face of competition. But I didn't say that in the middle of your thread because it wasn't really relevant to the conversation. :)

And I have made infinitely more threads and Blog posts about the parts of Ebay I like. I just like seeing other peoples views that are not my own about different things on Ebay.

I was more pointing out that your comment was pretty much useless to the conversation, more just trying to call me out for complaining. And don't say thats not what you were doing, because otherwise why post?

You wrote a thread complaining about the effects of Brickpicker on what used to be a really easy way to make money. I see that as giving up in the face of competition. But I didn't say that in the middle of your thread because it wasn't really relevant to the conversation. :)

My point was that if so many things irritate you on a seemingly daily rate, why bother? Or perhaps just start a thread that you can add your new irritations so they're all in one place.

With regard to your other comment, the comment was valid if that's what you think. I don't care what your opinion on the matter is, but you're still free to offer it. If a market becomes over saturated, adjusting your position in said market is not giving up, it is how successful businesses operate.

My point was that if so many things irritate you on a seemingly daily rate, why bother? Or perhaps just start a thread that you can add your new irritations so they're all in one place.

With regard to your other comment, the comment was valid if that's what you think. I don't care what your opinion on the matter is, but you're still free to offer it. If a market becomes over saturated, adjusting your position in said market is not giving up, it is how successful businesses operate.

Right and I don't really care about yours unless its on a matter of collecting and investing which you know about. My point is, what was the point of your comment? To be a smart ass and to talk down to someone else. Sorry for in-sighting conversation.

I just don't like it when people come in and display a clear thought that they think they are better than others. Which is what "if you don't like Ebay, don't use it" is. It doesn't help the conversation and its obvious from my past I have said Ebay is the best place (which doesn't mean its good or bad, just the best) to shop and sell. So I am displaying there are times where it might make more sense to keep your comments to yourselves.

Ill start doing that with my threads when no one comments on them or agrees. I have done that in the past and those threads have died and I have never brought it up again because I was obvious by myself. I adjust my feelings accordingly. :)