60014 - Coast Guard Patrol

Deeker

I swear he never sleeps. Which is the reason why there no no good deals left in the UK, he and his 3 wheeler have turned up and nicked them.

More serious question though, why are there not any Amazon values for 60014 when it is widely available from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-City-Coast-Guard-60014/dp/B00B06J3FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390246437&sr=8-1&keywords=Lego+60014

In fairness to Tabbyboy, he may rinse a few deals before we get a chance but he is pretty good at sharing his insights and predictions. I for one find his views and posts very valuable.

OK, buddy!

On a related note, any thoughts on 60015?

Grabbed a few at 60% off to flip but now they seem to have vanished from LEGO Shop at Home...

Tabbyboy would be better to ask about the city sets. A 60% discount should return good profit but you may have to wait a while for it to go EOL as it's a 2013 set

In fairness to Tabbyboy, he may rinse a few deals before we get a chance but he is pretty good at sharing his insights and predictions. I for one find his views and posts very valuable.

Hehe, yes I know, I was only winding him up. He has been helpful in PMing me with some local deals. :)

Guest TabbyBoy

Tabbyboy would be better to ask about the city sets. A 60% discount should return good profit but you may have to wait a while for it to go EOL as it's a 2013 set

Thanks for the compliment but, I'm no expert by any means.  Experience has just taught me to go in big if the price is right.  EOL is so erratic on City sets that this baby could be gone this year for all we know.  Some 6xxxx sets have already gone EOL.  Thanks to Asda, I stocked up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Also any new thoughts on this?

Like planes, BBoats usually do well and the Coast Guard theme is refreshed every 6-8 years. Expect low to moderate returns. It helps this boat isn't a police or fire one which is refreshed more often and it floats.

One concern though is will people be looking for this set in 2-3 years since we also had the Arctic floating boat and the Deep Sea theme is coming out. In assume Coast Guards fans will.

Guest TabbyBoy

OMG, has a year passed already? I've not paid more than 50% for my Coast Guard sets and have 9 complete job-lots to sell when the time comes with a few ships left over.

• 4 months later...

I want this for my personal city. Will this drop again? It's at 73 right now

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not completely sure if the price will drop on this set. Most City sets only last for about two years and this one is a little older than two years right now. I personally think that this set is going to around till at least Christmas, so my best guess would be that it would drop in price between now and then.

• Like 1