60014 - Coast Guard Patrol

Deeker

I think the track record for the last Coast Guard type Town sets have done well and ships typically gain good results so this among the others should do nicely. Its retail is high but the ship's main hull is one very large piece giving it the ability to actually float on water. There is also a bunch of other large parts in the set contributing to its weight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw one made up as a display set yesterday and it looks like a smart set. But I am cautious about investing in city sets because its a theme I do not know much about. From an investing point of view of course :)

It is a good thing that you are cautious with investing in City sets. Even though the theme has a CAGR of 20.22%, a lot of the sets are remade every few years and that devalues the previous sets. For example, a Fire/Police Station are remade about every 2-3 years. Other themes, like Coast Guard, aren't remade as often, and those are the better investments.

Guest TabbyBoy

I remember you saying you'd had bad experiences using Argos's delivery service, so I've always used their click and collect service.

That was an awesome deal you had there with the Wolverine Choppers, 500% gains and 600 quid profit. You can't ask for much more than that out of a deal. I have five that I picked up for

I know Farnham well, Frensham garden centre used to be a goldmine for eBay stock.  When David Wheelhouse (from Wheelhouse factory outlet in Hounslow) bought the garden centre, he initially used it to sell his job lots of gardening stuff dirt cheap which is how I got started on eBay.  For example, I was buying 50m Hozelock hosepipes for

Guest TabbyBoy

PMSL you sound like a modern day Del Boy! Fair play to you, sounds like you've got a pretty good business head. So you work in IT right, how the hell do you find the time for this on top?

I'm good at time management and I have a good work/Lego balance.  I take a break every hour or so hence, I type on here all hours.

I'm good at time management and I have a good work/Lego balance.  I take a break every hour or so hence, I type on here all hours.

I swear he never sleeps. Which is the reason why there no no good deals left in the UK, he and his 3 wheeler have turned up and nicked them.

More serious question though, why are there not any Amazon values for 60014 when it is widely available from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-City-Coast-Guard-60014/dp/B00B06J3FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390246437&sr=8-1&keywords=Lego+60014