TRU Week Two

Veegs

Anyone tempted by the 1/2 off Goblin King Battle or 40% off Mining Truck?

I'm considering doing it, although the Goblin King always seems to be discounted, well, everywhere.  I don't know how many of these I want to stock.  That being said, with the second film on the horizon, maybe the first wave will EOL sometime around Christmas or into early 2014.

Also, the turkey poly and minifg sets aren't as good as last years - I liked the ghost poly and the vintage minifig sets more.

Guest eightbrick

Definitely thinking hard on both (check out the discussion in the Bricktober thread). I don't see major potential with GKB despite my usual pro-Tolkien stance as they just can't seem to be moved, but for personal collections it is a great parts pack.

I got ahead of the game. Picked up 3 GKB from my TRU this afternoon for full price. Will go in again this week sometime and have the difference refunded, I`ve done it before, it works! Even at TRU  :devil:  

I passed on the Mining Truck, simply because I don`t see that much potential there. If there are any left this week, I may change my mind. 

Guest eightbrick

Is there a Kmart in Canada? 

No, sears is what we got instead I believe. Speaking of sears, they got a couple shallow sales going on right now. Not sure if they are worth mentioning, but here you go: http://www.sears.ca/stores/shop/search?Dx=mode%2bmatchall&Ntt=lego&storeId=10051&******=400002270&langId=1&catalogId=10001&Ntk=level1&internalSearch=true&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Nty=1&isRefinement=true&D=lego