Costco is starting to get the Transformers Huge Titan Metroplex $79.99

emazers

Guest TabbyBoy

I wish Costco UK would get something new in as the same old boring helicopter and motor package seems to have been around since the trilobites.

How much is a Costco membership?  Nevermind, $55, ouch!

We signed up for business membership and get much more than our fee back each year on our cash back bonus check. We buy a lot of our household groceries there, as well as some electronics (they have a very good warranty) and some of our business supplies (notably tissue paper and packing tape).

It can be well worth it if you have a store near you.

Well, went to Costco Today and got 18 of the Transformers Titan Metroplex. I would of gotten more but no room in the car, since I got another Lego haunted House, GE, Batman Ayslum. But still will get 5 more. Now I don't seeing these selling for $500 anytime soon, but with a new movie next summer, Next Christmas these should do pretty good. So for $80 you should try and pick a few up. Ed

2lkedd0.jpg

• Like 2

I don't have a Costco that's under a 2 hr drive for me.

Out of curiosity I did a Mapquest and the nearest to me is a little more than forty miles one way. Maybe if I was a heavy duty Transformers guy then I could consider it but good grief. To possibly spend $150 something dollars in total between the item, membership, and fuel, just for one thing? Er, no thank you.

Sams offers a one day membership pass certain times of the year. Costco might.

Also if they sell liquor they MUST let you into the store without a membership even as liquor is a public license. Just say youre there for booze. Google it. Peruse the store for free.

From what you said I just found this article for 5 Ways to shop at Cosco without being a member. It lists alcohol, pharmacy, and optometrist as items or services where you do not need a membership to purchase.

Sams offers a one day membership pass certain times of the year. Costco might.

Also if they sell liquor they MUST let you into the store without a membership even as liquor is a public license. Just say youre there for booze. Google it. Peruse the store for free.

They might have to let you into the store, but you also have to give them your membership card in order to check out.  

If anybody wants me to get them the Metroplex for $85, will charge exact shipping, only catch you have to mail me a money order, as I have to keep my paypal transactions under 200, and I still have alot to sell, And I will be sure I get you a mint box, and don,t worry I no how to pack this baby. so let me no or call me. 410-574-6088 after 3-to midnight. Ed

• Like 1

Well, went to Costco Today and got 18 of the Transformers Titan Metroplex. I would of gotten more but no room in the car, since I got another Lego haunted House, GE, Batman Ayslum. But still will get 5 more. Now I don't seeing these selling for $500 anytime soon, but with a new movie next summer, Next Christmas these should do pretty good. So for $80 you should try and pick a few up. Ed2lkedd0.jpg

I doubt this will ever get anywhere close to 500......we should do good at 80 though.

From what you said I just found this article for 5 Ways to shop at Cosco without being a member. It lists alcohol, pharmacy, and optometrist as items or services where you do not need a membership to purchase.

The one thing I do know is that while the optometrists are independent and you don't need a membership, you do need a membership to purchase glasses or contacts or other eyecare needs.

Went to my local Costco today and they did not have any.  They did have some 36inch Darth Vaders and Spiderman figures, though.  I skipped out on buying anything.  Too crowded and Sunday shopping moms kept stopping with their carts in the middle of the aisles.  Not a place for a man wanting to get home to watch football and nap.

Sunday shopping moms kept stopping with their carts in the middle of the aisles.

I wonder if these "sunday shopping moms" who block aisles with their carts are the same uneducated moms of kids who play soccer who are constantly being taken for a ride at TRU????

Seriously, why all the mom bashing? Its kind of lame.

• Like 2

I don't have a membership at Costco anymore but you can go in and look around without one. Cool thing is you can go in on a Saturday, walk around and get some free samples then go to the front and get a hotdog and soda for a buck fiddy at the snack bar without a membership. (cash only) Yes, I'm a cheap date.

I wonder if these "sunday shopping moms" who block aisles with their carts are the same uneducated moms of kids who play soccer who are constantly being taken for a ride at TRU????

Seriously, why all the mom bashing? Its kind of lame.

If it was once or twice, I would have just thought it was random, but every singe aisle in the monstrosity of Costco had several carts just sitting in the middle of the aisle, and some had their owners standing right next to them looking through shirts or reading boxes.  I didn't run the numbers through the Pearson Moment Coefficient, but I am pretty good at math, regardless.  100% were women with kids or were seemingly shopping for kids.  Every man shopping, even the ones with kids, were moving or in a non blocking stance.  There was a football game about to start in 20 minutes, but I am sure these problems exists during non-game hours too.  

One woman saw me waiting to get by another woman who was looking at shirts on a table and taking the time to fold them back up (which is cool, I guess).  Anyway, when a spot opened on the other side of the table, a woman who was behind me pulled around and parked there, too!  I was stuck.  While this would not make my angry, but would make me irritated, it did spark some deep anger in me today because I had a child with me, and he was anxious to get out of there, too.  

It might be just the area I live in, but my wife also agrees that these pretentious moms have some deep sense of entitlement to shop their way and disregard the other shoppers.  Men shoppers...I don't see this happening.  A little eye contact and a guy will move out of your way and even apologize.  Asking the women today to 'excuse me' yielded nothing but scowls from 2 women and one woman who just ignored me and continued to talk on her phone while blocking an entire aisle.  

I think this is worthy of a study, but I have a baseball game to watch.