Costco is starting to get the Transformers Huge Titan Metroplex $79.99

emazers

That's no Transformer I've ever seen or remember from when I was a kid. Must be something newer. Transformers from the 80's were the best.

Metroplex came out in 1986, was the quintessential G1 Transformer of its time, and was featured prominently in the comic and cartoon series and the beginning of the original animated movie (as autobot city).

If you were even remotely into the toys in their first 2 years of existence, you would be familiar with Metroplex.

• Like 2

I would be willing to get some extra of these when Costco gets them in, if anybody wants one in the US only, and Oct 1st I am going to delaware where there is no sales Tax, so that would make the $80.00 even, and you would be charged the exact Fedex shipping. "The only drawback is you have to send me a money order, the reason I have about 140 Paypal transactions so far, and with Christmas coming I have lots of stuff to sell, and I am not going over 200 Paypal Transactions, I already made about $60,000 so far this year, but the 200 paypal Transactions I don't want to do." Ed

Keep in mind this metroplex is pretty big so unless you have a lot of room to store these I wouldn't go crazy stockpiling them. Also this isn't from the masterpiece collection so the only thing it has going for it is that its the largest TF toy to date. Don't take this a being negative I'm just letting everyone who might not otherwise be familiar with the transformer market. Its a bit different from the Lego market. Its is an impressive piece and I have 3, one for me, one for my son and one to hold and sell.

That's no Transformer I've ever seen or remember from when I was a kid. Must be something newer. Transformers from the 80's were the best.

I never saw the actual toy as a child either but it was there somewhere. I'm pretty sure I would remember coming across something this BIG before. I wonder which retailer did sell these back in the day? It looks too big of an item to be carried by the likes of Walmart or Kaybee Toys and it's not like I could have simply Map Quest'ed the nearest store with one at the time. :lol:

I never saw the actual toy as a child either but it was there somewhere. I'm pretty sure I would remember coming across something this BIG before. I wonder which retailer did sell these back in the day? It looks too big of an item to be carried by the likes of Walmart or Kaybee Toys and it's not like I could have simply Map Quest'ed the nearest store with one at the time. :lol:

I had a G1 metroplex as a kid. Well, I still have it somewhere but it is heavily damaged and incomplete. He was relatively big but certainly not 2 ft tall. I'm guessing somewhere around 25-30 cm or 1 ft.

This is a guy showing it:

I had a G1 metroplex as a kid. Well, I still have it somewhere but it is heavily damaged and incomplete. He was relatively big but certainly not 2 ft tall. I'm guessing somewhere around 25-30 cm or 1 ft.

This is a guy showing it:

Neato. It looks fairly big but not the same as the latest incarnation found in the main post link. Reminds me one of those portable Hot Wheels playsets from the time. Now there was another toy you did everything with! The ones where the paint job changed depending on hot or cold water were the wierdest kind of fun as in I have no idea why this is fun but I'm doing it anyway! Kind of too bad Mega Bloks got the rights to Hot Wheels but then again, I'm still fuzzy on the idea as to what Lego could have done with it really? Seeing Twin Mill and Red Baron in Lego would have been cool though.

Ive noticed costcos get their toys at different times of the year so just be patient. Also if they sell out thats itctypically. No restock.

If they dont sell out. The post christmas clearance is great.

Am hoping they get some good legos this year (well, arent we all). But if anything a nice slice of their pizza will calm any dissapointments.

I always wanted it... but never had it. So I bought the re-issue for my kids last Christmas. I also bought (well, I gave it to my parents to give) the re-issue of the G1 Metroplex for my oldest son's birthday last November. :) He plays with the re-issue of G1 Transformers more than most of the newer ones because they are so much easier to transform.

• Like 1