What brought you back to Lego?

Blackjack

literally was the birth of my own kids. my son was about 4 months old when i did an ebay search to start acquiring some of the sets that i always wanted when i was a kid but were too expensive back then. after acquiring some of the older vintage sets, i started buying a lot of the current sets as well, and the next thing i knew i had a basement full of vintage and MISB sets. i haven't looked back and have enjoyed every minute of it since. i guess it has given this 36 year old adult a chance to be a kid again.

the Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack (set 7198). it was the 1st set i ever purchase for my son. he was only 20 months at the time. ok, so i bought it for myself but did leave the set in his room (still on display there). this set was also my first lego purchase ever. my first 3 sets were from my childhood (still own them w/ boxes and instructions). 6041: Armor Shop 6080 : King's Castle 6074 : Black Falcon's Fortress

Man oh man, if my wife knew how much coming out of the dark ages is costing me/us she would wish i was back to taking arrows in the knee, sucking down dragon souls and hanging with graybeards learning shouts till 2am every morning. My dark age ended when my son fell in love with the Harry Potter movies and I started buying the sets so we could relive the movies. As for investing, never did it until i spotted (2) 10212 at TRU one night back in January. Didn't buy them cause I didn't know what they were, then hit the web that night and prayed they were there at 10am when the store opened the next morning. Been a wild ride since, skulking in the shadows on BrickPicker forums.

Definitely Lego 21005 Falling Water. I love Frank Lloyd Wright, so seeing the architecture series and seeing it aimed towards adults - it sucked me right back in. It truly was almost the USC Falcon though - I remember when it came out I desperately wanted one, but $500 was soooo much money at the time. I laid Lego to rest at that point, and architecture brought me back. That and I thought I could make some money off the Tower Bridge. Still waiting.... :)

My wife was pregnant with my oldest and Weetabix had an offer on for set 1484. When it arrived I decided that my children would never suffer the kind of childhood that I did - not enough Lego. Fast forward. My daughter is 24 has all the LOTR, Hobbit, Avengers stuff, some Paradisa and the Medieval Village. My son is 22 and last year asked for 'a bucket of random Lego' for his birthday. They take it to the pub and build things. I just kept buying, and opening, and building.

My son got Plo Koon's Starfighter for Christmas '10 and I couldn't believe how much cooler Lego was from when I was a kid. I had quit playing with mine when I was 13ish, you know, when you get more into sports and women, not necessarily in that order:) I had tons of town, classic space, and castle stuff. Once he got that set we bought a few more Star Wars sets for him and brought out all my old stuff. He didn't like it, so we sold it for fresh cash to buy new sets and now we're swimming in it. Just got to the point of investing about a year ago though, before that, everything was built.

literally was the birth of my own kids. my son was about 4 months old when i did an ebay search to start acquiring some of the sets that i always wanted when i was a kid but were too expensive back then. after acquiring some of the older vintage sets, i started buying a lot of the current sets as well, and the next thing i knew i had a basement full of vintage and MISB sets. i haven't looked back and have enjoyed every minute of it since. i guess it has given this 36 year old adult a chance to be a kid again.

This exactly for me. Yay for kids.

Guest ph4tb0i

I was debating what scale I wanted to make my model train set in.. HO, O, ******, etc... Then I saw the Emerald Night, then Red Cargo, then the Maersk, now Horizon Express, and that's how it started for me. :) Suffice to say it's worked out quite well for my wife and I as well. I got her into Lego with Grand Emporium (she still has Green Grocer, Town Hall, and Tower Bridge lined up) and now she's oogling the Friends sets to relive a childhood she didn't have.... I might need to set up a security camera so she doesn't open my Heartlake Stables/Vet while I'm not home haha...

• 4 months later...