Effiel Tower 10181 for $300 on Craigslist?

KG204

I came across this listing, and needless to say, if legit I'm very interested in it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tad/4070882201.html

For $300, NIB, its a really great deal, which is what worries me a bit about it being legit. I sent an email to the seller a few minutes ago, so it could be a bit of time before he/she contacts me.

What are your opinions on if I should go for it?

Guest betsy805

I came across this listing, and needless to say, if legit I'm very interested in it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tad/4070882201.html

For $300, NIB, its a really great deal, which is what worries me a bit about it being legit. I sent an email to the seller a few minutes ago, so it could be a bit of time before he/she contacts me.

What are your opinions on if I should go for it?

I've been monitoring the Seattle craigslist for quite a few months and this person keeps posting this, green grocer, market street, carousel, and a couple others.  Never says where he's located, and he's never actually gotten back to me when I used to email.  No idea what's going on, but good luck!

I've been monitoring the Seattle craigslist for quite a few months and this person keeps posting this, green grocer, market street, carousel, and a couple others. Never says where he's located, and he's never actually gotten back to me when I used to email. No idea what's going on, but good luck!

Scam! Send him your shipping address and ask where you can wire the money to him. I bet you get a reply the same day.

Scam! Send him your shipping address and ask where you can wire the money to him. I bet you get a reply the same day.

D - you're dead right on this one.  This is someone fishing for funds to be wired, never to send the set.  I posted this in another thread, these listings come across the Chicago CL listings all the time, and no one will ever respond to an inquiry.  My advice - steer clear of the listing.  Tell tale signs: no city/town on the listing, absurdly low price on a very expensive set.

I did get a response from the seller once. I don't think it's a scam thing, they are trying to make a different point. In their reply to me, they mentioned brickpicker, so they are at least a lurker. Perhaps they will post their own explanation here, I am going to respect their privacy and won't post the mail I got. But they have an intentional reason for posting those listings.

I did get a response from the seller once. I don't think it's a scam thing, they are trying to make a different point. In their reply to me, they mentioned brickpicker, so they are at least a lurker. Perhaps they will post their own explanation here, I am going to respect their privacy and won't post the mail I got. But they have an intentional reason for posting those listings.

Is the reason a personal reason, or can you expound on why they would make listings for items they never have an intention to sell?  You don't need to post the exact response, just give us an idea what the rationale is.

I love this, not only am I interested in the set, now I'm interested in the seller and their intentions.

Is the reason a personal reason, or can you expound on why they would make listings for items they never have an intention to sell?  You don't need to post the exact response, just give us an idea what the rationale is.

I dunno, guess there is no real reason. It is related to a thread I posted a while back. Short version of the reply I got is that we are bad people for trying to rip someone off and buy something so far below market value when we know the real value, and if we want the set we should be willing to pay full price through a legit venue/market like bricklink. So I guess it is just trolling via CL to see the sorts of pleas the person gets for a response. High moral ground play.

I find this logic bizarre of course, but to each their own.

I wonder if this guy spends the rest of his free time in the TRU Lego aisle, telling parents the "real value" of Falcons and Funhouses.

Or maybe he's at Starbucks, tackling anyone foolish enough to spend $7 on coffee.

I bet his Sundays are busy, what with all the flea market customers in need of his professional valuations.

Who knows where this anonymous do-gooder will pop up next?? Stay tuned...

• Like 1