Check Out target 20% Lego Sale For Sunday Sept 22-29

emazers

I got one each of the Dolphin Cruiser, Heartlake High and Downtown Bakery to put away for my daughter for Christmas.  20% off plus another 5% off with the Red Card made it a no-brainer.  I doubt a better deal for these will come around again before Christmas and I would advise anyone wanting these for Christmas presents to get them now.

Whenever i feel i got enough you guys make realize "enough is never enough" my kids arent into superheros yet but i figured it wad a matter of time. Loaded up 1 of each set in store and set them on a Shelf. Had an employee sneakily take them to the svc desk to price match onlinr and upon checking out i found out they also paper wrapped them in a double bag so my kids had no idea what i bought. What a great Target i have.

But then i see how many you guys are buying and it makes sense, these are good deals. So i got some more online. That shipping dept is gonna be busy.

As far as I can tell, the following are unavailable online:

Superheroes: Batcave, batwing, quinjet, wolverine set

Friends:  olivias house, dolphin cruiser, heartlake high, heartlake vet, horse trailer, treehouse, and adventure camper

Do you guys think any of these might be restocked before the sale ends?

As far as I can tell, the following are unavailable online:

Superheroes: Batcave, batwing, quinjet, wolverine set

Friends:  olivias house, dolphin cruiser, heartlake high, heartlake vet, horse trailer, treehouse, and adventure camper

Do you guys think any of these might be restocked before the sale ends?

I sure hope so. I wanted a single Batcave for me, but damn you have to be quick.

Bought

2 Dolphin cruisers

Chima Worriz Comvbat Lair 70009

Hobbit Goblin King 79010

Chima Equila's Ultra Striker 70013

Chima Eglor's Twin Bike 70007

Super Heroes Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape 6867

Super Heroes Artic Batman vs Mr. Freeze 76000

Also got rain check for 5 Dolphin Cruisers and 4 Heart Lake High.  Rain checks are good until November 23

Try scanning them on the barcode scanners in the store, I have found at almost every target for the wolverine hulk and batcave they have scanned not in stockroom. More and more are showing limited or out of stock in store in my area partially due to me buying them but I haven seen a single store with more than 3 and couple that with LEGO Shop at Home being temporarily out of stock or sold out. Not to cause panic buying, but Id say wolverine and hulk are done My gut says the Batcave is going along with the others to make room for the 2014 sets.
Lego group timing is always a head scratcher discontinuing Monster Fighters and clearancing the Halloween accessory set at least a month before Halloween and now clearing out many of the 2012 super hero sets before the Christmas rush with no new product do until 2014???Super Heroes are going to be on many wishlists this Christmas.No hulk figure sold by Lego when the marvel game releases another interesting strategy...

Try scanning them on the barcode scanners in the store, I have found at almost every target for the wolverine hulk and batcave they have scanned not in stockroom. More and more are showing limited or out of stock in store in my area partially due to me buying them but I haven seen a single store with more than 3 and couple that with LEGO Shop at Home being temporarily out of stock or sold out. Not to cause panic buying, but Id say wolverine and hulk are for sure done and havent found batcave at walmart or amazon online for a while before this. My gut says it is going along with the others to make room for the 2014 sets.

Lego group timing is always a head scracther discontinuing Monster Fighters and clearancing the Halloween accessory set at least a month before Halloween and now clearing out many of the 2012 super hero sets before the Christmas rush with no new product do until 2014???Super heroes are going to be on many wishlists this Christmas.No hulk figure sold by Lego when the marvel game releases another interesting strategy...

The quinjet is now also "Temporarily out of stock".  In my area, most walmart and target stores have all been either out of batcaves and Hulks, or maybe have 1 available.  I knew of one Target near me that had 5 batcaves so as soon as the sale came up, I grabbed 3 of the 5 (one of them was partially opened the other had crappy box).  Plus I ordered 5 online the night of the sale.  I think $49 is an awesome price on the set, considering the 5% discount from redcard.  That's basically 35% off.

Went into another target. Lots of batcaves and other stuff. Rainchecks on other batman stuff that was in stock. Odd. Then as a substitute some star wars sets were 20% off.

Goy Anakins starfighter for 29 and the big 6 legged walker for $30.

It appears the quinjet has eluded me this sale and i hit my target card limit. Thats a first!

I did add popcorn and pretzels to my cartwheel app so i can save 10cents a visit though.

This week was my first real foray into Target - coming on the heels of the failed TRU 25% "sale" (after they marked everything up 30-40% the day before) it is a night and  day difference - I love the rain check tickets, it's like getting a stock option - no matter what the market price is in November, I can buy Dolphin Cruisers for $55, sweet. And the substitute pricing is great, too.

Good find on the Umbaran MHC and the Anakin's interceptor, by the way - I may go back to my Target to see if they've done anything like that. When I was there before, I did not see what they had substituted for the Dolphin Cruiser - probably worth checking out if it is a SW set.

Anyway, all told Target got about $400 out of me with their 20% off sale (25% with the red card), whereas TRU only got ~$150 between the "25% off sale" and the BOGO50. I'm really not sure how TRU stays in business. . .

This week was my first real foray into Target - coming on the heels of the failed TRU 25% "sale" (after they marked everything up 30-40% the day before) it is a night and  day difference - I love the rain check tickets, it's like getting a stock option - no matter what the market price is in November, I can buy Dolphin Cruisers for $55, sweet. And the substitute pricing is great, too.

Good find on the Umbaran MHC and the Anakin's interceptor, by the way - I may go back to my Target to see if they've done anything like that. When I was there before, I did not see what they had substituted for the Dolphin Cruiser - probably worth checking out if it is a SW set.

Anyway, all told Target got about $400 out of me with their 20% off sale (25% with the red card), whereas TRU only got ~$150 between the "25% off sale" and the BOGO50. I'm really not sure how TRU stays in business. . .

Misinformed parents, only local store for people to access a large selection and young kids yelling at their parents to take them there and make purchases...