Does your LEGO Store have a spending limit?

This just isn't the case. All the LEGO stores have the same rules, and there is no policy that would prevent someone from spending more than this amount. Now, they may limit you from buying them out of certain sets or limiting your quantity of a given item, but they aren't going to stop you because you reached a sales limit. They don't want to be cleaned out because they get bad scores on their NPS surveys when they don't have things that people are looking for, but the managers also get bonuses based on reaching quarterly sales goals. Aside from that, they have daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales goals. If someone walks in to the store and wants to spend $20,000 on stuff the store has plenty of stock to support, they will most certainly sell it.

This just isn't the case. All the LEGO stores have the same rules, and there is no policy that would prevent someone from spending more than this amount. Now, they may limit you from buying them out of certain sets or limiting your quantity of a given item, but they aren't going to stop you because you reached a sales limit. They don't want to be cleaned out because they get bad scores on their NPS surveys when they don't have things that people are looking for, but the managers also get bonuses based on reaching quarterly sales goals. Aside from that, they have daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales goals. If someone walks in to the store and wants to spend $20,000 on stuff the store has plenty of stock to support, they will most certainly sell it.

Agreed. I think they would bend over backwards to sell you the entire store.

I guess the employee needs some retraining then as well as his regional manager who was also involved in our conversation about the spending limit.

Best Buy employees too lol. They stopped BSing me about tablets after they realized I know 1000 times more than them when it comes to them. Even though I know better I take everything a worker at a LEGO store as gospel, especially managers......I'm a tool like that sometimes lol P.S. I always post the grain of salt disclaimer when posting LEGO store gossip :)

I have an odd little tidbit to add to this thread. While I have never even come close to spending $10,000 in a day, I was subjected to a different limit at the LEGO Store. The other day I spent an hour or so feeling my way through Series 8 collectible mini figs looking for vampire bats for my undead army that I am building in order to...whoops, got off topic a little. Anyway, apparently a customer is only allowed to buy 16 mini figures at a time. I thought that was kind of odd that they impose a limit on my spending in any way, shape, or form.

A time limit?!? Could you even imagine?!? Although, given the size of the crowds sometimes, that could be a good thing. The MOA store gets sweltering hot. I feel bad for the employees. Because of the heat, I mean. Other than that, the lucky s.o.b's get to hang around LEGOs and AFOLs all day and get paid for it!