What do you all do about Sob Story Ebay Offers?

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

No, you can't have them add it to the cart unless you have enough shipping as a separate line item that you can reduce the shipping. You cannot reduce the item price itself or offer any other kind of discount (other than the shipping up to the amount you have shown for shipping) on an eBay invoice. *

You'll either need to set up a separate listing** for him and hope someone else doesn't snag it first, or send him a partial refund through PayPal or send him $1.50 cash through the mail.

It's honestly not worth your time, another reason not to bother changing your prices for a small sale. :-)

*eBay has been saying they'll give us coupon codes to offer to our buyers for about 5 years now. I'm no longer holding my breath.

**If this were a single item listing, you could just revise the price, since it's multi quantity, that's why I would set up a separate listing if you're going to do that, but it's visible to all buyers until he buys it.

No, you can't have them add it to the cart unless you have enough shipping as a separate line item that you can reduce the shipping. You cannot reduce the item price itself or offer any other kind of discount (other than the shipping up to the amount you have shown for shipping) on an eBay invoice. *

You'll either need to set up a separate listing** for him and hope someone else doesn't snag it first, or send him a partial refund through PayPal or send him $1.50 cash through the mail.

It's honestly not worth your time, another reason not to bother changing your prices for a small sale. :-)

*eBay has been saying they'll give us coupon codes to offer to our buyers for about 5 years now. I'm no longer holding my breath.

**If this were a single item listing, you could just revise the price, since it's multi quantity, that's why I would set up a separate listing if you're going to do that, but it's visible to all buyers until he buys it.

Someone did this for me on multiple listings one time on an invoice no idea how. Maybe they needed multiples. I know it wasn't shipping because he gave me 10% off when I bought all 7 of his auctions. Hmm...

I do this all the time - but I offer best offer on anything. I would say the best use of your time is to just add best offer to the auction for a moment and then accept the offer.

Good information. I knew there was a way to reduce shipping but did not realize you couldn't adjust the item price also.

Someone did this for me on multiple listings one time on an invoice no idea how. Maybe they needed multiples. I know it wasn't shipping because he gave me 10% off when I bought all 7 of his auctions. Hmm...

I do this all the time - but I offer best offer on anything. I would say the best use of your time is to just add best offer to the auction for a moment and then accept the offer.

I have no idea how he did it either - if you remember who it was, and feel comfortable asking, ask. Multiples don't give any special ability to lower anything except the shipping price on an eBay invoice (he could have given you 10% off the total if he had at least that much entered for shipping for the various items). If he knows some mystery trick, I and about 50 of my "we sure wish we could offer some coupons!" seller friends would love to know!

I respond back and say that the items go fast and I'm not desperate for a quick sell.  Unfortunately there story probably isn't true.  I've seen it many time.  A buyer will give me a sob story.  I respectfully decline the offer and they buy it anyway.  If you do give in to their needs, make sure to keep it within ebay.  If you do a private sell you have zero protection.

I have no idea how he did it either - if you remember who it was, and feel comfortable asking, ask. Multiples don't give any special ability to lower anything except the shipping price on an eBay invoice (he could have given you 10% off the total if he had at least that much entered for shipping for the various items). If he knows some mystery trick, I and about 50 of my "we sure wish we could offer some coupons!" seller friends would love to know!

I went back - he calculated it himself and took it off shipping. Reason I thought he did it is because his invoice had a message showing the % discount and how much it was. But he just put it in the discount box and it took it off shipping. Boo - thought we had discovered a gem. lol

Thanx for all the advice. Seriously, $1.50