5001622 - Lego Store Employee polybag

TheOrcKing

This is the best deal ever. On my last order I spent $80 and got all three freebie polys. All three are sold, *net* profit of ~$30 - basically a $30 discount. LEGO Shop at Home polys for the win!

I hope the other 4 orders I have in transit come with the store employee, too. I'd love to give one to my kids, but when there are people out there willing to pay $20 (or more) for something I got for free, it's hard to pass up the fast cash. :)

All of the orders I got into today had them. If I had known, I would have ordered more. Lol. I just placed another order, but without the VW< not as good a deal.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently placed an order for an R2-D2, and not only received my second copy of the clone trooper, but I received this one in the box as a nice little surprise.

At first when I opened the box and took the R2D2 set out I noticed a sealed yellow envelope, and I was like WTF is this crap???  I opened it and it had a little sheet of paper talking about congrats on your figure or something along those lines with this poly bag in it!

I was like 'Hell yeah!'.  Who doesn't like free random stuff? ha.

I decided to get to the bottoom of this and emailed LEGO through their online form:

Hi, I've heard there was a promotion this past September where customers received a bonus 5001622 set in addition to the mini VW camper set. I made two separate orders in September, but did not get the 5001622 set. Just wondering why. Thanks, -j

Dear James, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, the Volkswagen Mini Camper you are looking for is not a part of our current list of available products that can be purchased through LEGO

I decided to get to the bottoom of this and emailed LEGO through their online form:

Hmm... Thanks for the 100 points :D

Wow. That is very interesting. I thought the Lego CS should know about the promos that are available at the current time. But the 100 points is a very nice bonus.

Did anyone in Canada get the minifig? I was going to place an order online just to get it but if not, I'm going to the store and using a mall gift card I have.

As I posted above in #53 and my little email exchange with LEGO in #56, it seems the promotion is over and wasn't available to Canada.

• 1 month later...